Media – Journalism – Newspaper
Part Time Associate Producer
WESH 2/CW18, the Hearst-owned NBC affiliate in the Orlando market, has an immediate opening for a highly skilled, ambitious, hardworking Part-Time Associate Producer to work in our newsroom. The qualified candidate will assist producers in all aspects of producing a newscast. This will include writing stories, creating graphics, researching information and using video. Associate Producers also assist in making phone calls to gather information about stories. In addition to writing for our broadcasts, our Associate Producers are also assigned to write/post stories daily to our digital and social media sites. The ideal candidate will have strong organizational and writing skills. This is a wonderful opportunity for someone looking to get his or her foot in the door and get started in a career in journalism with the ultimate goal of becoming a Producer.
- Researching and writing stories for our newscasts and digital platforms
- Assist producers and reporters with research
- Communicate effectively with assignment editors, producers, reporters, photographers, editors, production staff and news managers
- Understand social media and be able to produce content on our digital platforms.
- Making follow up calls and beat calls
- Operate the Teleprompter
- In-person attendance is required
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Ability to work on deadlines.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Familiarity with social media.
- Knowledge of ENPS are pluses.
- Bachelor???s Degree required with an emphasis in communications or journalism or equivalent military training from Defense Information School (DINFOS) preferred.
- Hearst Television is a proud supporter of military veterans. Related military training and experience will be considered
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Television requires that all newly hired employees be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. HTV will consider requests for reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
Winter Park – 32789
Please visit careers.htv.hearst.com to apply. EOE
Job posted by an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER