The primary job of the promotions street team member is to coordinate and execute all WNUE, WVEN-TV and WOTF-TV promotional operations. This job description is intended for positions where the responsibilities are routine in nature. The individual in this position is responsible for the execution of instant wins, special events, and client remotes.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Regular and timely attendance. Flexible schedule to work nights and weekends – Approx. 30 hours per week. Employment is permitted as long as it does not interfere with Entravision Marketing and Promotional responsibilities.
- Daily communication with promotions manager and entire promotions team.
- Receives and respond to incoming telephone calls, responds to routine questions and requests.
- Attend weekly staff meetings with promotions street team.
- Create basic events sheets for remotes and events.
- Maintains the Hot Zip list accurate.
- Executes phone calls for logistical planning of events.
- Pulls maps for locations.
- Distribute contest rules, winner affidavits and prizing on the streets.
- Entertain a crowd in public with games, music and trivia.
- To be creative with games and contests.
- Provide Account Executives with recap from every remote and event within 48 hours of event.
- Maintain vehicles stocked at all times with prize premiums and supplies.
- Inspects and keeps maintenance of station vehicles, paperwork (registration & insurance).
- Maintain promotional equipment (canopy, PA’s, tool boxes, prize boxes, etc.).
- Brand on-air personalities and increase their presence on the streets through community events, non-profit organizations and cross promotions with television.
- Brand and market the station.
- Takes inventory of prizes and supplies when needed.
- Professional demeanor required at all times.
- Abides by organizational norms and supports organizational goals.
- Remains calm and professional through stressful circumstances.
- Persists and finishes projects under deadlines.
- Follows instructions as well as take steps necessary to prevent mistakes.
- Follow well-defined procedure.
Minimum Qualifications for Consideration:
- Requires working knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe, Photo Shop and other editing/creation software packages. Access to a computer with an internet connection
- Requires ability to comprehend and write reports/recap summaries of remotes and van hits.
- Requires a valid Florida Driver’s License and proof of insurance.
- Requires good verbal, written, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
Experience and Education:
- College graduate preferred.
- 1+ years in radio promotions experience with similar job responsibilities and requirements; desired, but not required.
- Experience in dealing with entertaining large crowds.
- Experience in website creation, monitoring social media platforms is a plus.
Necessary Language Skills:
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to handle, or feel objects; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 + pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
Salary: Commensurate with Experience