CBS Radio is seeking applicants for a Program Director of WOMX-FM and WJHM-FM. The Program Director is responsible for leading and managing all aspects of a radio station’s brand experience, including on-air content, events, promotions, contesting, and digital presence. Applicants should have proven leadership and management skills and experience, strategic thinking skills with the ability to communicate a clear vision, and the ability to motivate a diverse team to execute flawlessly. Experience with talent coaching, event management, creative writing, and effective digital engagement are required for this position.
- Plan and oversee the on-air experience of the station, including programming, music, production, and personalities.
- Attract and grow audience share, ratings, and revenue.
- Work with sales team to develop new revenue generating opportunities for new and existing partners.
- Coordinate with programming and sales staff to plan and execute marketing, promotions, events, and image campaigns.
- Identify, recruit, manage, and coach on air talent and producers.
- Prepare and manage Programming Department budget on a yearly, quarterly, and monthly basis.
- Direct and monitor station’s programming and activities in conformance with FCC rules and regulations, company policy and applicable federal, state, and local laws
- Bachelor’s degree, with an emphasis on broadcasting, communications, or journalism.
- 5-7 years’ experience programming both Hot AC and Top 40 formats.
- Experience using Nielsen PPM analysis tools to gather & analyze ratings data and then make informed business decisions based on them.
- Working knowledge of music scheduling software (Selector) and storage (AudioVault).
- Sound judgment and quality decision making skills.
- Ability to multi-task and capable of working with specific deadlines, highly organized, and comfortable delegating responsibility.
- Flexible, creative, and innovative in using technology to deepen listener relationships.
- Ability to manage and motivate staff, in addition to working well as a member of a team.
- Ability to influence others, inspire innovation, and ensure a customer/client focus.
- Extensive knowledge of FCC broadcast rules and regulations.
- Knowledge of federal, state and local contesting rules and regulations.
*Located in Orlando, FL