Job Posting Title: Photographer/Editor
Reports To: Chief Photographer
Exempt: Y/N N
Job Number: #22-01
Univision WLTV 23 is seeking a full time Photographer/Editor to shoot video and audio of news and other events for TV and Digital productions, both live and recorded, teamed up with a reporter and/or working on its own. Must edit material to match scripts using non-linear, computer-based editing using mobile equipment from remote locations, and/or on-site equipment available in our facilities. Will provide support feeding Live content for streaming and/or broadcasting purposes, as well as recorded audiovisual content for our digital and social media platforms.
- Shooting and editing breaking news and assigned stories using ENG camera, mobile devices and non-linear editing equipment, with or without reporter.
- Will work closely with news and digital producers, assignment desk editors, video editors and chief photographer.
- Shoot and edit special assignments and series as needed.
- Provide pictures and short/snap videos from the field for our Social Media platforms
- Set up and operate Live U equipment as well as microwave ENG trucks as needed.
- Assist video editor/acquisitions in editing and preparing video for newscasts as assigned, using server-based editing and playback system.
- Operate and maintain news vehicles and equipment in a safe and professional manner.
- Perform routine maintenance and light troubleshooting on assigned equipment.
- May be required to upload video, digital pictures, and copy to the station’s website.
- Monitor scanners in vehicles for news stories.
- May be required to travel for special assignments and coverage.
- Will have constant interaction with engineering and production departments, and will be in daily contact with the public, as well as Local, State and Federal officials.
- Other tasks as assigned by supervisor.
Required Skills & Experience
- Strong creative storytelling and problem-solving skills.
- Must be able to work well in a fast-paced environment and meet strict deadlines.
- Must be able to multi-task and communicate effectively.
- Self-motivated, well organized and with excellent personal interaction skills.
- Detail oriented, able to follow directions and make independent decisions
- Must have a valid Florida Driver’s license with clean driving record, as driving a news vehicle daily, to-and-from stories, is an essential part of the job.
- Drive and handle all necessary equipment on a news live truck.
- Able to work flexible hours, including holidays, weekends, and evenings, as well as during inclement weather such as Hurricanes.
- High School Diploma required.
- Personal computer experience required, including non-linear editing.
- Bilingual – fluency in English and Spanish is required.
Desired Skills & Experience
- College degree or technical school training in Journalism, Radio/Television, Production/ENG or related field, preferred.
- 2 or more years working as news photographer in a TV news or similar environment, preferred.
- Knowledge of lighting techniques will be a plus.
- Experience operating news live truck is a plus.
- Must be able to lift and carry broadcast video equipment (approximately 50 pounds).
- Must be able to drive a vehicle, bend, and set-up equipment for remotes to allow transmission of video, audio, pictures or live from-the-scene reports back to the station.
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time.
- Must possess vision and hearing acuity, clear and audible speech.
- Manual dexterity in use of keyboard, cameras and other broadcast equipment, required.
- Must be able to work in outdoor and inclement weather conditions.
- Must be willing to work from office in Miami
- Employment/education will be verified
- Must be willing to submit to a background investigation
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis
- Univision requires that all U.S. and Puerto Rico employees be vaccinated against COVID-19. This position will require the successful candidate to submit proof of vaccination. The Company is an equal opportunity employer, and will reasonably accommodate a qualified candidate, who may be unable to be vaccinated, consistent with federal, state, and local law.
Please apply on our Univision Careers Webpage:
UNIVISION IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER