Job Title: News Video Editor
Job Opening Date: January 8, 2019
Job Number: #19-16
Univision WLTV Miami is seeking a News Video Editor. The right candidate will be responsible for editing a wide range of content for news stories and news produced shows. The candidate should be a highly-motivated creative person who strives to develop and produce compelling creative products for newscasts and other TV shows.
- Must perform video and audio editing using cuts or effects as needed, and synchronize video and audio in pre-recorded tracks.
- Must be able to use/mix natural sound into the stories being edited and use graphics and other production tools to enhance a story.
- Must be able to read a news rundown and identify a VOICE OVER, FULL TRACK and any combination of video, sound and graphics.
- Ability to record various video feeds simultaneously.
- Must be able to label, codify and enter video information into library system.
- Must be able to work with a non-linear archive system.
- Prepare video for newscasts as assigned using server-based editing and playback system.
- Must have general knowledge of satellite and ENG news gathering.
- Might be required to upload video, digital pictures, and copy to the station’s website.
- Assist with news production and assignment desk as assigned.
- Must be able to work independently, manage simultaneous projects and meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to work nights, weekends and holidays with flexibility to alter shifts/days off to accommodate projects and departmental objectives.
- Must be able to work well in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines.
- Other tasks assigned by supervisor.
- High School diploma required.
- A college degree in Journalism, Radio/Television or related field from accredited University preferred.
- Must have knowledge of Avid Editing System (non-linear).
- Should be both MAC and PC proficient.
- 1 year Television station or production house experience in video production and/or post-production service required. Personal computer and non-linear editing experience required. Digital and Mobile experience a plus. News Photographer experience a plus.
- Must be bi-lingual (English/Spanish) both written and verbal.
Please apply on our Univision Careers Webpage:
UNIVISION (WLTV-23, WAMI-69, WAMR-107.5FM, WRTO-98.3FM, WQBA-1140AM,
WAQI-710 AM) IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER