WFTX – TV, the Scripps owned Fox affiliate in sunny SWFL, has an exciting opportunity for a NewsProducer. The News Producercreates, leads and organizes content for multiple platforms utilizing strong editorial, journalistic, organizational and communication skills.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS –
- Develop and organize newscasts; responsible for writing, story development and showcasing
- Works closely with news managers and assignment editors to determine content needs
- Enhance content of the rundown with graphics, video, research, and station branding
- Execute time sensitive decisions
- Responsible for oversight of live broadcast and up to the minute editorial decisions
- Perform desktop editing
- Posting content to station’s Web sites
- Perform other duties as assigned and needed
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED – Candidates must have a four year college degree in Journalism or a related field and a minimum of 2 years of experience as a Television News Writer or Producer; OR any equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities. The following characteristics and skills are a must:
- Must be proficient with newsroom computer systems, MS Office a plus
- Excellent conversational and creative writing skills
- Must have strong communication and organization skills
- Adaptable, self motivated and able to work in a face paced, deadline driven environment
- Knowledge and demonstration of editorial judgement, journalistic ethics and libel laws
- Understand and utilize Web analytics
Our resources include the market’s only virtual set and breaking news tracker vehicle. In addition, the power of Scripps’ national network of local news operations and digital businesses provides a reach and an opportunity no other company can match. Scripps leaders are trained and developed to lead for the present, and groomed for future opportunities in the company.
The SWFL lifestyle needs no embellishment. You’ll enjoy some of the world’s finest weather (average of 75 degrees), beaches, water sports, golf, restaurants and entertainment.
The E.W. Scripps Company(NASDAQ: SSP) serves audiences and businesses through a growing portfolio of local and national media brands. With 52 television stations in 36 markets, Scripps is one of the nation’s largest independent TV station owners. Scripps runs a collection of national journalism and content businesses, including Newsy, the next-generation national news network; podcast industry leader Stitcher; the fast-growing national broadcast networks Bounce,Grit, Escape,Laffand Court TV; and Triton, the global leader in digital audio technology and measurement services. Scripps runs an award-winning investigative reporting newsroom in Washington, D.C., and is the longtime steward of the Scripps National Spelling Bee. Founded in 1878, Scripps has held for decades to the motto, “Give light and the people will find their own way.”
As an equal employment opportunity employer, The E.W. Scripps Company and its affiliates do not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis on race, sex, sexual orientation, gender, color, religion, age, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, citizenship or national origin, and military membership or veteran status, or on any other basis which would be in violation of any applicable federal, state or local law. Furthermore, the company will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship for the company.
TO APPLY, PLEASE VISIT: