Gray Television is a leading media company that owns and operates high-quality stations in 113 television markets that collectively reach 36 percent of US television households.
We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
WALA FOX10 News is a local media organization producing news, weather and original content for the Gulf Coast. Located in Mobile, AL. WALA is the oldest existing television station in the state of Alabama. FOX10 takes pride in a winning culture and is committed to the community.
WALA Fox 10News is looking for a dynamic producer to join its award-winning news team. Successful candidates must utilize strong editorial, journalistic and communication skills. Our producers have multiple live capabilities to put together an informative, fast-paced newscast.
The position requires you to have a flexible schedule and fill-in on other shows as needed, including some holidays.
Mobile – 36606
The successful candidate will be responsible for (but not limited to) the following:
– Use editorial judgment to help determine content of the newscasts.
– Work with reporters and news managers to create unique, fast-paced newscasts.
– Use social media to determine content of newscasts and highlight big social stories.
– Use creative production techniques such as graphics and new forms of media (viewer pictures, webcam interviews, etc.) to enhance newscasts and stories.
– Research for facts and credibility.
– Perform other tasks as required by supervisor or executive producer.
– Deliver unscripted breaking news coverage and special event coverage to the community at large.
– Collaborate with reporters and management in the development of broadcast content such as newscasts, promotions, and teases.
– Evaluate leads and tips in order to develop story ideas.
– Develop and organize newscasts.
– Make time-sensitive decisions.
– Write clearly for multiple platforms on tight deadlines.
– Demonstrate creativity and strong editorial judgment.
– Follow journalistic and libel laws.
? The successful applicant’s background must include a minimum of three years of experience in a newsroom. He/she must be a self-starter with a passion for news. He/she must be willing to work weekends, holidays and overnights when needed.
If you feel you’re qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopening, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on “apply now”, upload your resume, cover letter and references
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
As a condition of employment, Gray Television will require that newly hired employees, whether part-time or full-time, be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus by the first workday to the extent permitted by applicable law unless you qualify for a medical or religious accommodation.
To apply go to: fox10tv.com / careers
Job posted by an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER