Responsible for leading editorial process, supervising and scheduling news personnel, coordinating news department activities with other departments, preparing operating and capital budgets, and hiring staff for the news department.
The duties and responsibilities of this position involve the management of the enterprise in which he or she is employed or of a customarily recognized department or subdivision therein; customarily and regularly directs the work of two or more other employees therein; has the authority to hire or fire and advance, promote or any other change of status of employees; and customarily and regularly exercises discretion and independent judgement.
Understanding of how to perform all phases of news operation.
Understands importance of social media and how it relates to news.
Preferred Education and Experience
1. News Management Experience.
2. Journalism degree.
1. Coordinates Local News Operations with VP of News Operations.
2. Interviews and hires staff for news department.
3. Supervises / Schedules news personnel.
4. Coordinates news department activities with other departments.
5. Leads editorial process.
6. Ensures news content meets standards of good taste and journalistic ethics.
7. Prepares operating and capital budgets for department and administers them.
8. Reports to the Director of News Operations and General Manager.
9. Works hours necessary to perform duties.
10. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Excellent People and Interpersonal Communications Skills.
2. Strong Organizational Skills.
3. Ability to Work in a High Pressure, Fast-Paced Environment.
4. Ability to Lead, Plan, Coach, and Motivate News Staff.
5. Possesses Sound News Judgment.
Reports directly to Vice President of News Social Affairs and Wellness
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, Monday through Friday. Actual hours and schedule may vary.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Entravision Communications Corporation participates in the E-Verify system operated by the US Department of Homeland Security and the Social Security Administration and will use E-Verify to confirm work eligibility for all new hire employees.
Entravision Communications is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We encourage women and minorities to apply.