JOB TITLE: Multimedia Journalist
LOCATION: Miami, FL
JOB NO: #22-25 (REQ# R011990)
ABOUT THE ROLE & TEAM:
The WLTV News Team at TelevisaUnivision in Miami is looking for a Multimedia Journalist to join our team!
Univision 23 is an O&O station located at the heart of Miami, with more than three decades covering South Florida from Broward County to the keys.
You will work as a one-person operation, presenting daily news content for Noticias 23 in its linear and digital platforms. You will be responsible for reporting, shooting, and editing news stories, while working with a phenomenal group of communication professionals serving the vibrant Hispanic Community in our coverage area.
You will report directly to the News Director, while working closely with the Assistant News Director, our News Producers, and the Assignment Editors team.
You are an ambitious, talented, hard-working multimedia journalist, able and ready to help us grow. You excel at creative storytelling, equally engaging when covering hard news or human stories. You’re a natural when improvising or reading scripts, grabbing the audience’s attention from beginning to end in each presentation. You are accustomed to performing in a “live” setting, you have an outgoing personality with strong on-camera presence.
- Gather information, conduct interviews, shoot video, produce, report and edit assigned stories daily; reporting from the field and/or at a studio setting.
- Conduct walk-and-talk live shots, grabbing our viewers with sights and sounds
- Post video, pictures and stories to Website, Facebook, Twitter, and other social media outlets.
- Work effectively in a fast-paced environment, meeting tight deadlines.
- Establish and maintain news contacts in the community.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a manner that works well with co-workers, supervisors, and the community at large.
- BA degree in communication, journalism, television broadcasting or equivalent.
- 2-5 years experience as Multimedia/Video Journalist in mid to large market TV newsroom.
- Superb written/spoken Spanish language skills, and complete fluency in English and Spanish.
- Knowledge of newsroom computer systems and applications (both hardware/software).
- High ethical and journalistic standards.
- Knowledge in the use of field cameras, gear and editing systems.
- Valid driver’s license with a good driving record.
TelevisaUnivision believes that a happy, well-balanced employee is what makes our culture thrive. We offer a wide selection of perks and benefits including PTO; tuition reimbursement; wellness and employee support programs; 401K; and life and other insurance plans. This is all in addition to our comprehensive and competitive health benefits package featuring medical, dental and vision coverage options.
Univision requires that all U.S. and Puerto Rico employees be vaccinated against COVID-19. This position will require the successful candidate to submit proof of vaccination. The Company is an equal opportunity employer, and will reasonably accommodate a qualified candidate, who may be unable to be vaccinated, consistent with federal, state, and local law.
- Please apply on our Univision Careers Webpage:
TELEVISAUNIVISION IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
#LI-REMOTE (FIELD WORK)