ABC Action News stands with the hardworking people of Tampa Bay, helping them be more self-reliant. WFTS helps its viewers understand the causes, obstacles and solutions to their biggest problems. ABC Action News features include I-Team special reports, Taking Action Against Domestic Violence, Dirty Dining and Florida’s most accurate weather forecasts.
Scripps’ WFTS in Tampa, FL is hiring a Maintenance Engineer! The hip, urban heart of Florida’s Gulf coast beats in Tampa Bay. Discover blue skies and sunshine, a sparkling waterfront, world-class chefs, family fun, and a century of Cuban culture, all in Florida’s most diverse travel destination. In Tampa Bay, our hospitality is as warm as our weather!
The Maintenance Engineer III works under the direction of the Director of Engineering to provide preventative maintenance and emergency repairs of video, audio and radio frequency (RF) systems, including satellite and ENG Microwave equipment.
- Responsible for preventive maintenance and emergency repairs of video, audio and RF Systems, including satellite and ENG Microwave equipment.
- Responsible for the maintenance and emergency repairs of broadcast-related IT equipment and networking.
- Help in the research, design and build of Station annual projects. Assist in the development of workflow and workplace improvements.
- Study current technology and business trends to help innovate our processes.
- Labeling and documentation of technical installations.
- Provide technical and logistical support for our Electronic News Gathering processes.
Education & Experience
- Must have 2 years of college or technical school; majoring in electronics or a related field
- Must have 5 years of broadcast TV maintenance experience.
- Understanding of broadcast and ENG workflows.
- Knowledge of computer networking and IT based systems.
- Experience with broadcast automation systems.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- SBE Certification desired.
Skills & Abilities
- Must be able to independently troubleshoot issues.
- Ability to work with and communicate with others.
- Must be able to read schematics, mechanical drawings and technical manuals.
- Must have knowledge of FCC Rules and OSHA requirements.
- The use of test equipment and soldering skills required.
- Must be able to lift up to 75 pounds.
- Ability to stay on feed for long periods of time
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record required. In addition, proof of insurance and liability coverage may be required.
The E.W. Scripps Company (NASDAQ: SSP) serves audiences and businesses through a growing portfolio of local and national media brands. With 33 television stations, Scripps is one of the nation’s largest independent TV station owners. Scripps runs a collection of national journalism and content businesses, including Newsy, the next-generation national news network; podcast industry leader Stitcher; the fast-growing national broadcast networks Bounce, Grit, Escape and Laff; and Triton, the global leader in digital audio technology and measurement services. Scripps produces original programming including “Pickler & Ben,” runs an award-winning investigative reporting newsroom in Washington, D.C., and is the longtime steward of the Scripps National Spelling Bee. Founded in 1878, Scripps has held for decades to the motto, “Give light and the people will find their own way.”
As an equal employment opportunity employer, The E.W. Scripps Company and its affiliates do not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis on race, sex, sexual orientation, gender, color, religion, age, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, citizenship or national origin, and military membership or veteran status, or on any other basis which would be in violation of any applicable federal, state or local law. Furthermore, the company will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship for the company.
To create a profile & apply, please visit: