WFTX – TV, the Scripps owned Fox affiliate in Sunny SWFL, has an exciting opportunity for a Local Traffic Editor. In collaboration with account executives, sales management, clients and agencies this position is responsible for scheduling commercial copy, as well as serving as a back up to the log editor.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Secure and enter advertising traffic instructions for advertisers.
- Enter copy information using ad management traffic software.
- Maintain instruction files, tape library, and various other traffic functions.
- Work closely with account executives and traffic management, clients and agencies.
- Act as back-up to traffic log editor as needed. This includes ensuring that the traffic is scheduled in the appropriate time slot and that the engineering department has the information needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- 1 year minimum related experience preferred.
- Previous broadcast experience especially with ad management and broadcast traffic systems (i.e. WideOrbit, OSI etc) desirable.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING:
- Proficient with MS Office products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Ability to adhere to strict deadlines and complete work assignments in a timely and accurate manner.
- Adaptable and flexible with ability to shift focus in fast-paced, high-pressure environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Team oriented and experienced in working in a team environment.
- Excellent organization and time management skills.
- Strict attention to detail.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- May require limited overtime to cover vacations and holidays.
- Standard office environment.
HOW WE KEEP YOU SAFE:
Consistent with our commitment to maintain a safe workplace free of known hazards, all employees and visitors are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. We also may require staying up to date on booster shots in the future based on Food and Drug Administration (FDA), Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and manufacturer recommendations. If you are hired, we will require you to verify that you are fully COVID-19 vaccinated by Dec. 1, 2021 or your start date, whichever is later, unless approved for a medical or religious exemption by Scripps in writing. This requirement excludes positions located in Montana.
SCRIPPS’ COMMITMENT TO EQUITY, DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION:
At Scripps, we are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture that reflects the communities we serve. We are intentional about creating an environment where employees, our audiences and other stakeholders feel valued and inspired to reach their full potential and make authentic connections. We foster a workplace culture that embraces each person’s diversity, including the extent to which they are similar or different. Scripps leaders believe that an equitable and inclusive culture is not only the right thing to do, it is a business imperative. Read more about our commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion at scripps.com.
The E.W. Scripps Company (NASDAQ: SSP) is a diversified media company focused on creating a better-informed world. As the nation’s fourth-largest local TV broadcaster, Scripps serves communities with quality, objective local journalism and operates a portfolio of 61 stations in 41 markets. The Scripps Networks reach nearly every American through the national news outlets Court TV and Newsy and popular entertainment brands ION, Bounce, Grit, Laff and Court TV Mystery. Scripps is the nation’s largest holder of broadcast spectrum. Scripps runs an award-winning investigative reporting newsroom in Washington, D.C., and is the longtime steward of the Scripps National Spelling Bee. Founded in 1878, Scripps has held for decades to the motto, “Give light and the people will find their own way.”
As an equal employment opportunity employer, The E.W. Scripps Company and its affiliates do not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis of race, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender, color, religion, age, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, citizenship or national origin, and military membership or veteran status, or on any other basis which would be in violation of any applicable federal, state or local law. Furthermore, the company will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship for the company.