Media – Journalism – Newspaper
IT Specialist – 009563
Broadcasting – Radio – TV
First Coast News, a TEGNA media company, has an opening for an IT Specialist who has technical experience with media-oriented technologies including a strong understanding of content management systems and remote operations support. The ideal candidate will be able to deploy, configure, maintain and monitor all active equipment in order to ensure smooth daily operations. Additionally, a stellar performer will have a problem solving/solutions-oriented mentality with the desire to learn and will practice perseverance with troubleshooting to ensure that ongoing problems and general maintenance are managed effectively and efficiently. Daily responsibilities include:
- Provide desktop support to staff
- Install and maintain computer hardware and software
- Assist personnel in resolving computer issues and creating solutions
- Individual must present a positive customer service experience for fellow employees
- Must be able to work independently but also work as a team with fellow department members when needed
- Must be able to prioritize workload and complete assignments on-time.
- Ability to troubleshoot Microsoft software products as well as deploy and maintain iPhone, iPad, and Android handheld devices
- Hours of work – 5 days per week, 8 hours per day. Overtime may be required from time to time. Actual days may vary and may include weekends and evenings.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or 3 to 5 years related experience in a multi-platform IT environment
- Familiarity with backup and recovery software and methodologies
- Solid understanding of TCP/IP required
- Active Directory
- Microsoft Office Products
- Hardware/Software Installation
- Desktop/Laptop/Mobile Maintenance and Security
- Must be able to lift 50lbs. and work on ladders
- Demonstrated sensitivity in handling confidential information
- This is a 24/7/365 business, you must be able to respond to emergency calls as quickly as needed
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. With 47 television stations and two radio stations in 39 markets, TEGNA delivers relevant content and information to consumers across platforms. It is the largest owner of top 4 affiliates in the top 25 markets, reaching approximately one-third of all television households nationwide. Each month, TEGNA reaches 50 million adults on-air and approximately 35 million across its digital platforms. TEGNA has been consistently honored with the industry’s top awards, including Edward R. Murrow, George Polk, Alfred I. DuPont and Emmy Awards. TEGNA delivers results for advertisers through unparalleled and innovative solutions including OTT local advertising network Premion, centralized marketing resource Hatch, and G/O Digital, a one-stop shop for local businesses to connect with consumers through digital marketing. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. For more information, visit www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug-free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information.
Apply Online URL:
Job posted by an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER