Media – Journalism – Newspaper
Director of Programming & Public Affairs
Orlando, Florida???s NBC affiliate, WESH-TV and CW affiliate, WKCF-TV, and Tampa???s WMOR-TV are seeking qualified applicants for a Director of Programming and Public Affairs. This Department Head level position is responsible for the station???s programming functions including, acquisitions, scheduling, NBC and CW networks, WMOR-TV in Tampa, digital, multicast, network communications, FCC regulatory matters, NAB public service campaigns, management & oversight of the station???s public file, comprehensive station syndication strategy and other Hearst Television programming responsibilities and duties as assigned. This position is also responsible for the management and leadership role on all station sanctioned community projects, events, festivals and (501-C3) partnerships, including the creation of new community initiatives and specific corporate related programming and production responsibilities as assigned. Responsibilities also include serving as the station???s Children???s Programming Liaison.
This Department Head level position works collaboratively with all departments on all platforms (WESH 2, WESH.com, CW18, WMOR-TV, MeTV, Estrella TV, and the True Crime Network). A thorough understanding of HTV policies and FCC regulations will be a part of the training process.
- Manage all station programming (local, syndication and network) and associated duties, including scheduling, planning, strategy, and acquisition (in conjunction with GM and HTV programming), communication, coordination and implementation.
- Responsible for all FCC quarterly reporting (Children???s and Issues Reports) and other FCC reporting, as needed.
- Must have a solid understanding of Nielsen ratings, ratings tracking/trending, and research.
- Responsible for stations Public Affairs efforts, including local programming, PSAs, non-profit community projects. In addition, this position will be the direct liaison between the station and all of its community/public affairs events and partnerships.
- Strategic coordination of all talent appearances in conjunction with News Director & Creative Services Director
- Working closely to support and lead WESH 2, CW18, and WMOR community events in addition to seeking out new relationships and partnerships within the community.
- Consistent visibility within the community with key station partners/events.
- Ideal candidate should have prior experience working at a television station, and be particularly adept at local programming, on-air, production, research, FCC requirements and overall news operations.
- Military training and experience will be considered.
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Television requires that all employees who receive a written offer of employment on or after August 25, 2021 be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. HTV will consider requests for reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
Winter Park – 32789
Please visit careers.htv.hearst.com to apply. EOE
Job posted by an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER