ABC Action News stands with the hardworking people of Tampa Bay, helping them be more self-reliant. WFTS helps its viewers understand the causes, obstacles and solutions to their biggest problems. ABC Action News features include I-Team special reports, Taking Action Against Domestic Violence, Dirty Dining and Florida’s most accurate weather forecasts.
The Digital Strategist (DS) will have responsibility to drive revenue growth by providing expert product knowledge, creating custom campaign presentations, and by providing general sales expertise and campaign strategy/guidance. This is a market-based, client-facing role working under the guidance of the Digital Sales Manager.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS –
- Drive digital market revenue by increasing digital product campaigns
- Provide guidance and training on selling designated products to include: SEO/SEM, Scripps Target Network(STN), Yahoo!, etc.
- Provide campaign guidance to Account Executives; develop strategy, create presentations and support the close of sales
- Make 4-legged calls
- Generate and interpret analytics to determine digital sales campaign effectiveness
- Identify additional digital sales opportunities such as website development, etc..
- Monitors market trends and clients’ industries to identify opportunities to increase market share
- Attend and participate in planning and training sessions
- Other duties as assigned
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in related discipline or equivalent experience
- Three (3) to five (5) years sales experience, closing business and managing clients
- Prefer experience in a sales leadership, advisory, or supervisory capacity
- Demonstrated record of success in a goal oriented, highly accountable sales environment
- Must have proven prospecting and closing capabilities.
Skills & Abilities
- Full understanding of entire digital portfolio of products
- Successfully sell designated digital products
- Ability to craft solutions quickly based on needs assessment
- Excellent presentation, public speaking, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to develop campaigns, communicate effectiveness and make recommendations that result in effective advertiser solutions
- The ability to read, analyze, and interpret sales demographics to develop creative sales solutions
- Ability to generate reports, business correspondence, and deliver internal and/or client-facing presentations
- Strong communication skills and the capability to effectively respond to questions from managers, colleagues and customers.
- Must have the ability to calculate figures related to advertising rates, discounts, packages, ad sizes, commissions and mileage.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook) and other programs such as customer relations software (salesforce.com, WideOrbit, AdBook)
- Must have good organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines
The E.W. Scripps Company (NYSE: SSP) serves audiences and businesses through a growing portfolio of television, radio and digital media brands. With 33 television stations, Scripps is one of the nation’s largest independent TV station owners. Scripps runs an expanding collection of local and national journalism and content businesses, including Newsy, the next-generation national news network; podcast industry leader Midroll Media; and fast-growing national broadcast networks Bounce, Grit, Escape and Laff. Scripps produces original programming including “Pickler & Ben,” runs an award-winning investigative reporting newsroom in Washington, D.C., and is the longtime steward of the Scripps National Spelling Bee. Founded in 1878, Scripps has held for decades to the motto, “Give light and the people will find their own way.”
As an equal employment opportunity employer, The E.W. Scripps Company and its affiliates do not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis on race, sex, sexual orientation, gender, color, religion, age, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, citizenship or national origin, and military membership or veteran status, or on any other basis which would be in violation of any applicable federal, state or local law. Furthermore, the company will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship for the company.
To create a profile & apply, please visit: https://recruiting.adp.com/srccar/public/RTI.home?c=1060841&d=External