Job Posting Title: Content Manager
Department: Radio Content – Programming
Reports To: Content Director/National Talent Development Director
Job Number: #21-06
Univision Radio Miami is looking for an experienced Radio Content Manager to work with content leadership on operational responsibilities and the implementation of strategic initiatives for its local stations.
- Collaborate with content leadership with the implementation of programming strategies of each Miami station, with objective of increasing and sustaining station ratings.
- Identify local market audience trends to create and maintain high ratings with a focus on revenue generation.
- Responsible for managing station’s staff, on-air schedules, as well as meeting regularly with on-air talent and staff, and individually to discuss programming concepts, promotions, and to review on-air performance.
- Work closely with music research team to develop best-in-class and research driven programming strategy.
- Support digital music strategy as needed
- Work with VP of content, local promotions, and sales teams to help develop events/experiential revenue generating strategy, in-line with company’s broader business development goals.
- Must be familiar with each station’s format and keep up with music trends in the market.
- Develop power point presentations as needed.
- Work with local content leadership in the areas of programming mechanics, music scheduling/rotation, talent development and training, and station imaging.
- Design & develop stations’ marketing concepts and plans with local content and marketing depts.
- Support sales and promotions to execute plans effectively
- Assist in copy issues, including writing script association with station programming promos
- Work with Sales and Promotions on scheduling, tactics and strategies to fulfill commitments to clients and for maximum reach and frequency impact.
- FCC reporting and log discrepancy reports
- Collaborate with promotions department on station’s on-air promotions as needed.
- Work with management of station’s staff, on-air schedules and meetings to discuss programming concepts, promotions, etc.
- Attend weekly meetings with content leadership to go over music changes and station promotions
- Participate in weekly meetings with promotions department and social media coordinators to share ideas and communicate as needed.
- Support content leadership with production of weekly and timely recaps of station comparative reports, and/or any other requested materials to VP of content.
- Strong attention to detail and administration skills. Strong working knowledge of power point and Excel. with Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Perform other duties as assigned and deemed necessary.
Required Skills & Experience
- College degree or equivalent work experience
- Minimum three-year radio programming experience
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a good driving record
- Knowledge of Miami market and competitive environment
- Knowledge of studio equipment console, Zetta program, Voz Pro and production facilities and capabilities
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Outlook , Power Point & Excel
- Working knowledge in Music Master, Audio Vault software packages talent management
- Excellent ability to speak, read and write in English/Spanish
Desired Skills & Experience
- Strong knowledge of Latin music genres, and trends
- Must be a highly motivated team player capable of working in a fast-paced environment
- Well-developed administrative skills and experience working with talent.
- Remains calm and professional through stressful circumstances
- Adapts to different situations and working styles. Ability to multi-task
- Persists and finishes projects on deadlines and within budget
- Flexible work schedule including evenings and weekends
- Must be willing to work from office in Miami, FL.
- Employment/education will be verified
- Must be willing to submit to a background investigation
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis
Please apply on our Univision Careers Webpage:
UNIVISION IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER