Broadcast Engineer / IT Tech
About Gray Television:
Gray Television is a leading media company that owns and operates high-quality stations in 113 television markets that collectively reach 36 percent of US television households.
We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
WALA FOX10 News is a local media organization producing news, weather and original content for the Gulf Coast. Located in Mobile, AL. WALA is the oldest existing television station in the state of Alabama. FOX10 takes pride in a winning culture and is committed to the community.
Mobile – 36606
A broadcast engineer works with hardware and broadcast systems that are used across television and new media. They make sure that shows are broadcast on time and to the highest level of quality. As well as operating and maintaining the systems, they also carry out updates and repairs.
The successful candidate will be responsible for (but not limited to) the following:
* Support engineering aspects of the technical facility including studio support, post editing systems, field production support and transmission of live/recorded events & programs
* Have knowledge regarding broadcast equipment, technology, and systems and be able to step in an assist in emergency situations
* Performs regular maintenance tasks including repairs, equipment replacement, supplies, etc.
* Documents and executes necessary corrective actions
* Ensures all transmission equipment is operating correctly before and during live event telecasts – corrects and documents technical problems
* Assist with implementing Engineering projects
* Maintains building needs
* Have working knowledge of the latest operating systems software, including server and desktop operating systems
* Familiar with networking and IP addressing
* Must be available to work during breaking news situations, severe weather, new system integrations and updates
* Display and maintain professional appearance, based on station standards and professional demeanor
Come join our dynamic team, go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopening, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on “apply now”, upload your resume, cover letter and references
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
As a condition of employment, Gray Television will require that newly hired employees, whether part-time or full-time, be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus by the first workday to the extent permitted by applicable law unless you qualify for a medical or religious accommodation.
We are always on the lookout for bright, creative talent to be part of the Meredith team.
Visit us today at:
Apply Online URL:
Job posted by an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER