Job Posting Title: Audio 1 Operator – PT
Department: News Production
Reports To: Show Director/Editor
Job Number: 19-37
Univision Miami WLTV 23 is looking for a talented part time Audio 1 Operator in the Technical News Production Department who is responsible for proficiency in mixing high quality audio for live or live to tape television programming.
- Setting up, checking and ensuring that all microphones, audio and media playback are adjusted for proper VU levels and equalization.
- IFB mix minus and Telos Systems for Live Shots and Telephone call-ins and live translation.
- Coordination of all RF/Wireless equipment (i.e. microphones, IFB and PL) as well as studio foldback.
- Provide immediate solutions in the event of equipment or other audio problems.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the manager.
Required Skills & Experience
- College Degree or equivalent work experience.
- 4+ years of audio experience in a live television environment and sports programming or live audio applications.
- Operational knowledge of Digital and Analog audio consoles and peripheral equipment including patch bays and routers.
- Must be available to work all shifts, including early mornings, evenings, holidays, weekends, late breaking news and hurricane emergencies.
- Must be willing to facilitate personnel requirements including late and/or last-minute scheduling changes in a 24/7 production work environment.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Television Production or related preferred.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of broadcast and production technology.
- Studio and Remote production experience.
- Ability to multi-task and react quickly during daily broadcasts.
- Interpersonal and professional communication skills.
- Basic computer skills and familiarity with Windows operating systems.
- Must be willing to work from office in Miami, FL
- Employment/education will be verified
- Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States
Please apply on our Univision Careers Webpage:
UNIVISION IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER