Broadcasting – Radio – TV
This position requires news editing and camera operating skills. The typical schedule requires 4 days a week of editing and/or camera operating. The successful candidate will have a good working knowledge of nonlinear editing, specifically the Edius editing platform, as well as use of studio cameras, satellite tuning equipment and other video transfer mediums.
The ideal candidate should also be well-versed in the use of ENPS news-writing software as well as MS Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Edits raw footage received from photographers, file materials and network feeds into voice overs and packages for reporters.
- Ensures the communication and execution of production changes as it relates to the edited material for various newscasts.
- Handles video exports between station and network affiliates.
- Operates studio cameras for newscasts and lifestyle programs.
- Manages video feeds from both microwave and satellite sources.
- Photojournalism skills are beneficial.
- Other tasks as required by supervisor or executive producer.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.
- Must have excellent spelling and grammar skills, as well as strong computer skills. Basic news writing and non-linear editing skills are preferred.
- Ability to organize and work quickly under fast-paced deadlines.
- Work flexible hours including mornings, evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Experience with ENPS-EDIUS is preferred
- College degree preferred.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA), formerly Gannett Co., Inc., is comprised of a dynamic portfolio of media and digital businesses that provide content that matters and brands that deliver. TEGNA reaches more than 90 million Americans and delivers highly relevant, useful and smart content, when and how people need it, to make the best decisions possible. TEGNA Media includes 46 television stations and is the largest independent station group of major network affiliates in the top 25 markets, reaching approximately one-third of all television households nationwide. TEGNA Digital is comprised of Cars.com, the leading online destination for automotive consumers, CareerBuilder, a global leader in human capital solutions, and other powerful brands such as G/O Digital and Cofactor. For more information, visit www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA, Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information.
Apply Online URL: