Media – Journalism – Newspaper
WESH-TV has an opening for a hardworking Associate Producer to work in our newsroom. The qualified candidate will assist producers in all aspects of producing a newscast. This will include writing stories, creating graphics, researching information and running teleprompter. The ideal candidate will have strong organizational and writing skills. This is a wonderful opportunity for someone looking to get his or her foot in the door and get started in a career in journalism.
- Write copy for daily newscasts.
- Assist producers and reporters with research.
- Communicate effectively with assignment editors, producers, reporters, photographers, editors, production staff and news managers
- Run Teleprompter.
- Making follow up calls and beat calls
- Previous journalism course work or experience desired.
- Military on-air producing experience will be considered
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Ability to work on deadlines.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Knowledge of ENPS is a plus.
- Bachelor???s Degree required with an emphasis in communications or journalism or equivalent military training from Defense Information School (DINFOS) preferred.
Winter Park – 32789
Please visit careers.htv.hearst.com to apply. EOE
Job posted by an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER