WKRG News 5, a dominant Nexstar CBS affiliate in Mobile/Pensacola, is seeking an Associate News Producer. The Associate News Producer assists producers, anchors, hosts, reporters and the assignment desk in multiple aspects of overall newscast production. The successful candidate will also be a skilled line producer, and must be able to cover producing shifts, including weekends and night side shifts.
Mobile – 36606
Provides support to personnel producing newscasts for broadcast across all
• Assists with writing scripts and preparing news stories.
• Edits video when necessary.
• Writes stories for the website and other eMedia platforms.
• Interacts with viewers/users on social media sites.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred.
• Fluency in English.
• Experience in news story production.
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
• Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment.
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks •Valid driver’s license with good driving record.
• Flexibility to work any shift.
Physical Demands & Work Environment
The Associate News Producer must be able to stand, sit, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, work in close proximity to others, work outdoors in all weather conditions, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. In addition, Associate News Producer must be able to lift, set up and operate equipment weighing up to 25 pounds, and be able to handle, control or feel objects, tools or controls. Repetitive movements are required. Work may be conducted in extremely bright or inadequate lighting conditions.