Details: Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 199 full power stations (including partner stations) in 116 markets. Nexstar’s platform delivers exceptional local content and network programming to inform and entertain viewers, while providing premium, scalable local advertising opportunities for advertisers and brands across all screens and devices.
WKRG-TV News 5 / wkrg.com in Mobile, AL / Pensacola, FL is looking for a full-time Associate Producer (News). The successful candidate will edit video for all content distribution platforms (television, digital, and social media). The AP will demonstrate initiative in championing great video for use on all platforms. Additionally, the AP will gather information for and write stories for newscasts, web stories, and social media posts.
· Ninja-level mastery of non-linear video editing (Premiere Pro preferred)
· Strong working knowledge of AP style for broadcast/digital/social
· Strong journalistic storytelling skills a big plus
· Deadline conscious with strong time management skills
· Organized, technical problem solver
· Ease with/ability to learn new technology independently and quickly
· WordPress experience a plus
· Proficient in MS Office
· Strong communicator
· Enjoys working in teams and has excellent interpersonal skills
· Schedule flexibility
· Fluency in English (spoken & written)
· Experience in journalism, digital content, and social media preferred
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Edit video for newscasts, web stories, and social media posts.
· Author broadcast scripts, website stories, and social media posts with excellent grammar, punctuation, and AP Style
· Research, gather information from disparate sources, and cold-call & interview people to develop news stories on deadline
· Operate teleprompter for live newscasts and pre-recorded programs & segments
· Provide support for other teammates producing content across all platforms (television, digital, and social media).
· Distribute & Promote news content on social media
· Monitor social media accounts and respond to viewer questions and comments
· Work collaboratively with fellow content team members on breaking news, severe weather, and enterprise content
· Build positive working relationships with station teammates, company colleagues, sources, and the public
· Perform other duties as assigned
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The Associate Producer must be able to sit, reach, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write scripts & web stories, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, regularly work indoors, and occasionally work outdoors in non-environmentally controlled conditions.