Job Title: Associate Account Executive
Location: Miami-Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Are you ready to start your career in Sales?
If so, APPLY TODAY!
WSFL-TV, the E.W. Scripps CW station in Miami, FL is now seeking a Full Time – Integrated Associate Account Executive!
Are you invested in a rewarding career in advertising sales and learning from the best in the business? We are looking for innovative, passionate sales professionals to join our team!
Associate Account Executive
The Associate Account Executive program provides you with training and experience to prepare you for a career in media sales. This includes learning about all areas of the TV station, shadowing and going on sales calls with Account Executives, and participating in Scripps Sales Training in Cincinnati. If you are interested in learning more, please complete your Scripps profile and one our recruiters will follow up with you!
Phase I – You will gain a working knowledge and be trained in the performance of the following types of duties:
• Understand how we handle airtime sales, process orders, revisions, make goods and posting schedules
• Learn about inventory and commercial placements
• Gain understanding of multi-platform media such as online media/video, broadcast, mobile, OTT, and digital sales.
• Train on systems such as Wide Orbit, Wide Orbit Media Sales and Matrix.
Phase II – You will work with the Account Executives to begin to understand your role as a sales professional. Responsibilities will include:
• Perform client services including but not limited to avail presentations, package preparation, copy writing, credit applications, collections, etc.
• Attend more client facing appointments
• Participate in client negotiation
• Assess and create a Client Needs Analysis (CNA)
• Understand how a sale progresses from beginning to end
• Optimize campaigns. Google Analytics
Phase III- In the final months of the program, you will start to transition into the AE role so you are ready when the need arises at the station
• Take the lead on prospecting, cold calling and research
• Accurately present our digital and broadcast products with a client
• Develop new business for multiple platforms (such as on-air, mobile, online videos, digital) and utilize research to position the station as a premiere marketing vehicle.
• Research potential clients
• Create non-traditional revenue opportunities, coordinating production efforts for new clients and executing post-buy analysis of broadcast and digital schedules.
• Once you are promoted into the AE role, you will participate in our 9-week sales training program which includes spending 1 week in our corporate office in Cincinnati.
• Degree preferred but not required.
Skills & Abilities
• Strong Microsoft Office skills (particularly PowerPoint and Excel)
• Self-motivated, creative and strong people skills
• Detail-oriented with excellent written and oral communication/presentation skills
• Ability to work within a team environment
• Driving required. Valid Driver’s License, good driving record and ability to provide proof of insurability with company required insurance limits.
What we offer:
• Competitive compensation package with uncapped commissions
• Medical, Dental and Vision benefits starting within 30 days of your start date
• Retirement benefits including 401 (K) Company match
• Tuition reimbursement
• Work/life balance with generous time off including 17 PTO days, 7 paid holidays and 2 floating holidays (pro-rated based on when you start).
• Excellent Sales training program (Scripps Sales Process)
• Career advancement across the country within our various stations
The E.W. Scripps Company (NASDAQ: SSP) advances understanding of the world through journalism. As the nation’s fourth-largest independent TV station owner, Scripps operates 60 television stations in 42 markets. Scripps empowers the next generation of news consumers with its multiplatform news network Newsy and reaches growing audiences through broadcast networks including Bounce and Court TV. Shaping the future of storytelling through digital audio, Scripps owns top podcast company Stitcher and Triton, the global leader in technology and measurement services. Scripps runs an award-winning investigative reporting newsroom in Washington, D.C., and is the longtime steward of the Scripps National Spelling Bee. Founded in 1878, Scripps has held for decades to the motto, “Give light and the people will find their own way.”
As an equal employment opportunity employer, The E.W. Scripps Company and its affiliates do not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis of race, sex, sexual orientation, gender, color, religion, age, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, citizenship or national origin, and military membership or veteran status, or on any other basis which would be in violation of any applicable federal, state or local law. Furthermore, the company will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in undue hardship for the company.
To create a profile and apply online, please visit www.scripps.com