Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 199 full power stations (including partner stations) in 116 markets. Nexstar’s platform delivers exceptional local content and network programming to inform and entertain viewers, while providing premium, scalable local advertising opportunities for advertisers and brands across all screens and devices.
WKRG News 5, a dominant Nexstar CBS affiliate located in the beautiful Gulf Coast, seeks a talented Sales Professional to work within an established Sales Department in the Pensacola/Northern FL area. The Sales Professional must be able to meet guidelines to increase sales volume with assigned accounts, aggressively seek new customers for both Television and Digital Advertising, execute plans and strategies set forth by sales management, maintain awareness of the competition, and maintain visibility in the community. The more you sell the more you make. There is no limit!
• Implements strategies to consistently grow revenue and exceed revenue goals.
• Establishes credible relationships with local business community.
• Makes sales calls on existing and prospective clients.
• Maintains assigned accounts and develops new accounts.
• Prepares and delivers sales presentations to clients.
• Explains to customers how specific types of advertising will help promote their products or services in the most effective way possible.
• Provides clients with information regarding rates for advertising placement in all media.
• Develops advertising schedules with clients and station personnel responsible for placing advertising into station media.
• Works with clients and station personnel to develop advertisements.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The Sales Account Executive must be able to sit, reach, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. The Sales Account Executive must be able to lift, set up and operate equipment or items weighing up to 25 pounds.