Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 197 full power stations (including partner stations) in 115 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation. Nexstar’s platform delivers exceptional local content and network programming to inform and entertain viewers, while providing premium, scalable local advertising opportunities for advertisers and brands across all screens and devices. Learn more at www.Nexstar.tv.
WKRG News 5, a dominant Nexstar CBS affiliate located in the beautiful Gulf Coast, seeks a talented Sales Professional to work within an established Sales Department with guidelines to increase sales volume with assigned accounts, aggressively seeks new customers for both TV and eMedia business, executes plans and strategies set forth by sales management, maintains awareness of the competition, and maintains visibility in the community.
You must have excellent communication skills, presentation skills and knowledge of industry software. Sales experience one year. Must maintain a valid drivers license with an acceptable driving record. EOE M/F Drug/Background screen. Qualified applicants may apply ON-LINE @ www.nexstar.tv/careers
Mobile – 36606
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Implements strategies to consistently grow revenue and exceed revenue goals.
• Establishes credible relationships with local business community.
• Makes sales calls on existing and prospective clients.
• Maintains assigned accounts and develops new accounts.
• Prepares and delivers sales presentations to clients.
• Explains to customers how specific types of advertising will help promote their products or services in the most effective way possible.
• Provides clients with information regarding rates for advertising placement in all media.
• Develops advertising schedules with clients and station personnel responsible for placing advertising into station media.
• Works with clients and station personnel to develop advertisements.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Advertising or Mass Communications, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
Individual must have excellent communication and writing skills. Must be organized, self motivated, a problem solver, creative, and be able to work out of a satellite office while still maintaining the team focus. Must have experience working in a professional environment, preferably a sales department.