The Account Executive works within
established Sales Department guidelines to increase sales volume with assigned
accounts, aggressively seeks new customers for both TV and eMedia business,
executes plans and strategies set forth by sales management, maintains
awareness of the competition, and maintains visibility in the community.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Implements strategies to
consistently grow revenue and exceed revenue goals.
• Establishes credible relationships with local business community.
• Makes sales calls on existing and prospective clients.
• Maintains assigned accounts and develops new accounts.
• Prepares and delivers sales presentations to clients.
• Explains to customers how specific types of advertising will help promote their
products or services in the most effective way possible.
• Provides clients with information regarding rates for advertising placement
in all media.
• Develops advertising schedules with clients and station personnel responsible
for placing advertising into station media.
• Works with clients and station personnel to develop advertisements.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Panama City – 32401
•Minimum one year’s experience in sales, preferably in the media field.
• Experience achieving long-range objectives and implementing the strategies
and actions to achieve them.
Requirements & Skills:
• Bachelor’s degree in Marketing,
Advertising or Mass Communications, or a related field, or an equivalent
combination of education and work related experience.
• Fluency in English.
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
• Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record.
• Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and
other office equipment.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The Account Executive must be able to sit, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, work in close proximity to others, work outdoors in all weather conditions, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions.