WFTX – TV, the Scripps owned Fox affiliate in Sunny SWFL, has an exciting opportunity for an Account Executive. This position is responsible for selling commercial airtime to new and existing accounts.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS –
- Sell commercial air time to direct businesses and advertising agencies
- Develop, maintain and prospect new business from traditional and non-traditional advertisers located in the market using the Scripps Sales Process
- Prepare and present marketing proposals utilizing qualitative and quantitative research
- Negotiate advertising rates and program ratings
- Perform client services, including but not limited to avail presentations, package preparation, copy writing, credit applications, collections, etc.
- Effectively manage a sales funnel within the Customer Relationship Management (CRM), achieving appointment setting and presentation key performance indicators
- Build rapport with clientele, provide excellent timely customer service, grow the accounts, and gain additional business from referrals
- Perform other duties as needed or as directed by sales management
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED – Candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 2 years proven sales success experience; OR any equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities. The following characteristics and skills are a must:
- Ability to prepare and present marketing proposals utilizing quantitative and qualitative metrics
- Prospecting, pre-call planning, needs analysis, selling and closing marketing solutions to direct businesses and advertising agencies
- Assembly, delivery and interpretation of monthly customer reports and campaign optimization
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Excellent knowledge of the media landscape and understanding of consumer behavior across multiple media channels
- Proven ability to build strong client relationships, including entertaining potential and existing clients
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
Driving required. Valid Driver’s License, good driving record and ability to provide proof of insurability with company required insurance limits.
Our resources include the market’s only virtual set and breaking news tracker vehicle. In addition, the power of Scripps’ national network of local news operations and digital businesses provides a reach and an opportunity no other company can match. Scripps leaders are trained and developed to lead for the present and groomed for future opportunities in the company.
The SWFL lifestyle needs no embellishment. You’ll enjoy some of the world’s finest weather (average of 75 degrees), beaches, water sports, golf, restaurants and entertainment.
ABOUT SCRIPPS –
The E.W. Scripps Company (NASDAQ: SSP) serves audiences and businesses through a growing portfolio of local and national media brands. With 52 television stations in 36 markets, Scripps is one of the nation’s largest independent TV station owners. Scripps runs a collection of national journalism and content businesses, including Newsy, the next-generation national news network; podcast industry leader Stitcher; the fast-growing national broadcast networks Bounce, Grit, Escape, Laff and Court TV; and Triton, the global leader in digital audio technology and measurement services. Scripps runs an award-winning investigative reporting newsroom in Washington, D.C., and is the longtime steward of the Scripps National Spelling Bee. Founded in 1878, Scripps has held for decades to the motto, “Give light and the people will find their own way.”
As an equal employment opportunity employer, The E.W. Scripps Company and its affiliates do not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis on race, sex, sexual orientation, gender, color, religion, age, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, citizenship or national origin, and military membership or veteran status, or on any other basis which would be in violation of any applicable federal, state or local law. Furthermore, the company will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship for the company.
TO APPLY, PLEASE VISIT: