Position Summary: WKRG News 5, a CBS Affiliate, seeks an experienced Web Producer providing digital and social media content for the station. This position is primarily focused on creating engaging news content. The Web Producer will be the primary content producer for the station’s website and social media during their shift.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Acts as the primary editorial content producer for news content on digital platforms.
• Writes stories and posts videos for websites, apps, social media, and other digital platforms.
• Works with producers to ensure digital content is integrated into newscasts.
• Interacts with viewers and users on social media sites, as well as by email and phone.
• Maintains accuracy and integrity in news products delivered.
• Ensures station compliance with rules and regulations applicable to FCC, local, state, and federal laws.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Requirements & Skills:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, or related field, or equivalent combination of education and work related experience preferred.
• Experience in a digital role in a television newsroom preferred.
• Knowledge of content management systems, HTML, CSS, Google Analytics, Photoshop, and ENPS preferred.
• Fluency in English; excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Ability to multi-task, deal with extreme deadline pressure, and react/coordinate coverage under live breaking news situations is crucial.
• Ability to work extended hours, as needed.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The Web Producer must be able to stand, sit, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, work in close proximity to others, work outdoors in all weather conditions, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. The Web Manager must be able to lift, set up and operate equipment weighing up to 25 pounds, and be able to handle, control or feel objects, tools or controls. Repetitive movements are required. Work may be conducted in extremely bright or inadequate lighting conditions.
Apply online at: https://nexstar.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/JobSearch/viewAll