- Daily oversight of the Engineering and Operations functions for three televisions stations in Orlando/Gainesville, Florida.
- Ensure the operational continuity and budgetary compliance of engineering, production, master control and news technical operations, facilities and security including oversight of mechanical systems and four tower/transmitters.
- Develop and implement current and long-range technical operation plans, prepare departmental expense and capital budgets.
- Maintain three year capital plan.
- Ensure that all projects are properly implemented and executed.
- Develop and update three year building/future technology plan.
- Responsible for station compliance with FCC, OSHA and FAA regulations.
- Establish procedures and standards for operation and maintenance of equipment and proper studio operations.
- Oversee the management of personnel.
- Develop and implement systems to ensure fault tolerant and error free operation of station(s) broadcast equipment, daily oversight of local Hub/Spoke technology assuring efficient error free operations.
- Extensive knowledge of all broadcast systems and knowledge of government regulations and industry standards required ensuring the station’s technical compliance.
- Bachelor’s Degree in electronics/electrical engineering or related IT and broadcast specific technical training and minimum of 8 years broadcast engineering management experience.
- SBE certification is preferred.
- Significant technical expertise in the planning, implementation and maintenance of television station facilities, including RF facilities.
- Understanding of digital technology is essential.
- Knowledge of ELC and iTX environments a plus.
- Requires a strong leader with an ability to direct and motivate the technical staff.
- Must be a strong team player and be able to instill the concept of teamwork within the department and work well with other departments.
Apply Here: http://www.fox35orlando.com/about/jobs