JOB POSTING Traffic/Digital Reporter
WKRG Mobile, AL
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 197 full power stations (including partner stations) in 115 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation. Nexstar’s platform delivers exceptional local content and network programming to inform and entertain viewers, while providing premium, scalable local advertising opportunities for advertisers and brands across all screens and devices. Learn more at www.Nexstar.tv.
EEO Statement: Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
WKRG News 5, a dominant Nexstar CBS affiliate located in the beautiful Gulf Coast, seeks a seeks a full time Traffic/Digital Reporter.
The ideal candidate should have a professional on-air demeanor and a solid knowledge of The Gulf Coast, current and future projects and traffic patterns.
- Anchors traffic reports for morning newscasts and other newscasts as needed.
- Updates WKRG.com, the traffic app and social media with traffic alerts and traffic related information.
- Reports as a mobile journalist using simple tech to do video reporting.
- Minimum two years of experience in news reporting.
- Bachelor’s degree in Broadcast Journalism, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
- Reports news stories for broadcast, describing the background and details of events.
- Arranges interviews with people who can provide information about stories.
- Reviews copy and corrects errors in content, grammar and punctuation, following prescribed editorial style and formatting guidelines.
- Reviews and evaluates notes taken about event aspects to isolate pertinent facts and details.
- Researches and analyzes background information relates to news stories to be able to provide complete and accurate information.
- Gathers information about events through research, interviews, experience or attendance at political, news, sports, artistic, social or other functions.
- Pitches stories to news managers and news producers which are relevant to the local community.
- Receives assignments and evaluates leads and tips to develop story ideas.
- Discuss issues with producers and/or news managers to establish priorities or positions.
- Revises work to meet editorial approval or to fit time requirements.
- Shoots/writes/edits news events and news reports using simple tech.
- Produces and presents reports for all platforms.
- Ensures that all content meets company standards for journalistic integrity and production quality.
- Writes stories for the web and other eMedia platforms.
- Interacts with viewers/users on social media sites.
- Performs special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to lift equipment up to 15 pounds.
- Flexibility to work any shift.
- Must have a valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record.
Apply online at www.nexstar.tv/careers