ABC Action News stands with the hardworking people of Tampa Bay, helping them be more self-reliant. WFTS helps its viewers understand the causes, obstacles and solutions to their biggest problems. ABC Action News features include I-Team special reports, Taking Action Against Domestic Violence, Dirty Dining and Florida’s most accurate weather forecasts.
The Studio Technician operates all studio and feed room equipment. Demonstrates proficiency in several areas and on at least three technical systems.
- Operates signal receiving equipment and software for all LIVE shots within complex newscasts and local specials.
- Ensures high quality of video and audio for all incoming signals including news elements for broadcast.
- Receives and shares news elements with outside agencies, and other stations within the company.
- Works in all areas of TV production, including studio floor direction, teleprompter, lighting and the construction and moving of sets.
- Other duties as assigned by the Production Manager.
Education & Experience
- Associate degree required from an accredited college/university majoring in Television Production or a related field or related experience.
- Minimum 1 year experience as a Production Assistant at a network news facility.
Skills & Abilities
- Working knowledge of television station production equipment to include but not limited to: studio cameras, video routers, teleprompter, lighting, microwave receivers, satellite receivers, and TVU receivers.
- Must be familiar with newsroom systems such as ENPS or I-News.
- Must have good working knowledge of computers
- Must be able to handle multiple priorities under extreme time constraints with poise and skill
- Flexible work hours required including holidays, weekends, evenings and possible overtime hours.
- Knowledge of proper grammar and spelling essential to position
- Must have excellent communication skills and be a team player
- Demonstrates knowledge of technical, graphics and audio systems, I-News and floor operations
- Readily learns and applies training, new techniques and independent judgment
- Ability to handle multiple operations and priorities under extreme constraints with professionalism and skill
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds
The E.W. Scripps Company (NYSE: SSP) serves audiences and businesses through a growing portfolio of television, radio and digital media brands. With 33 television stations, Scripps is one of the nation’s largest independent TV station owners. Scripps runs an expanding collection of local and national journalism and content businesses, including Newsy, the next-generation national news network; podcast industry leader Midroll Media; and fast-growing national broadcast networks Bounce, Grit, Escape and Laff. Scripps produces original programming including “Pickler & Ben,” runs an award-winning investigative reporting newsroom in Washington, D.C., and is the longtime steward of the Scripps National Spelling Bee. Founded in 1878, Scripps has held for decades to the motto, “Give light and the people will find their own way.”
As an equal employment opportunity employer, The E.W. Scripps Company and its affiliates do not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis on race, sex, sexual orientation, gender, color, religion, age, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, citizenship or national origin, and military membership or veteran status, or on any other basis which would be in violation of any applicable federal, state or local law. Furthermore, the company will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship for the company.
To create a profile & apply, please visit: