ABC Action News stands with the hardworking people of Tampa Bay, helping them be more self-reliant. WFTS helps its viewers understand the causes, obstacles and solutions to their biggest problems. ABC Action News features include I-Team special reports, Taking Action Against Domestic Violence, Dirty Dining and Florida’s most accurate weather forecasts.
WFTS is searching an experienced photographer to join our team as a Steady Cam Operator/Photographer and editor. This person will play a crucial role in maintaining the high-energy pace of our morning newscast, as well as capture and edit content for multiple platforms and contribute to other newscasts.
- Operate Steady Cam during our morning news then edit/shoot video in the field.
- Capture and edit visual content for multiple platforms.
- Operate various new gathering equipment, including but not limited to microwave live truck, video camera and video editing equipment.
- Must have camera related skills such as framing, movement to execute the content strategy for overall creative vision.
- Sets up and operates Steadicam for assigned programs and shots
- Responsible for set up of equipment, camera operation and breakdown of equipment
Education & Experience
- 2+ years experience as a photographer required
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Experience as a Steadicam operator strongly preferred
Skills & Abilities
- Proficiency with lighting and computer based editing.
- Proficiency with operating microwave live truck
- Knowledge and demonstration of creativity editorial judgment, journalistic ethics and libel laws.
- Knowledge of and proficiency in posting content to Web sites.
- Familiar with available Steadicam accessories such as remote focus systems, video senders and receivers, and any specialized equipment designed and used by Steadicam operators
- Must be able to lift up to 75 pounds.
- Ability to stay on feed for long periods of time
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record required. In addition, proof of insurance and liability coverage may be required.
The E.W. Scripps Company (NASDAQ: SSP) serves audiences and businesses through a growing portfolio of local and national media brands. With 33 television stations, Scripps is one of the nation’s largest independent TV station owners. Scripps runs a collection of national journalism and content businesses, including Newsy, the next-generation national news network; podcast industry leader Stitcher; the fast-growing national broadcast networks Bounce, Grit, Escape and Laff; and Triton, the global leader in digital audio technology and measurement services. Scripps produces original programming including “Pickler & Ben,” runs an award-winning investigative reporting newsroom in Washington, D.C., and is the longtime steward of the Scripps National Spelling Bee. Founded in 1878, Scripps has held for decades to the motto, “Give light and the people will find their own way.”
As an equal employment opportunity employer, The E.W. Scripps Company and its affiliates do not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis on race, sex, sexual orientation, gender, color, religion, age, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, citizenship or national origin, and military membership or veteran status, or on any other basis which would be in violation of any applicable federal, state or local law. Furthermore, the company will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship for the company.
To create a profile & apply, please visit: