Date: July 10, 2019
Job Posting Title: Stagehand (PT)
Department: News Production
Reports To: Show Director/Editor
Univision is seeking a part time Stagehand responsible for assisting with the assembling/disassembling as well as relocation and maintenance of sets and props.
- Assemble and set up backdrops, scenery and set pieces for rehearsals and productions.
- Load and unload props and materials from trucks.
- Assemble, dismantle, and store scenery, set pieces and props.
- Set up lighting, props, and microphones.
- Move and rearrange furniture.
- Unload and set up road cases.
- Perform spotlight operation during shows.
- Construct and paint set pieces.
- Set up risers and musical equipment.
- Ensure props are affixed properly.
- Assist with video, sound, and lighting production needs, such as, setting up video monitors and sound equipment.
- Ensure props are present at beginning of scene and taken away at end.
- Set up flats.
- Work with electricians and lighting assistants.
- Help carpenters build and install scenery.
- Open and close curtains.
- Clean up stage and backstage area after performance.
- Operate various types of lifts, such as, scissor lifts, single man lifts, and fork lifts.
- Must consistently utilize required Personal Protective Equipment, such as, steel toed shoes and gloves and comply with all safety rules.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by Manager.
Required Skills & Experience
- As this position supports 24×7 operation, candidate must, in addition to being able to work regular hours, have on-call availability, and flexibility to work days, nights, overnights, weekends, and holidays as needed and without advanced notice. Additionally, candidate may be required to work on site for extended periods of time to provide coverage in special circumstances, such as, during tropical storm/hurricane.
- Work in team environment.
- Perform well in a high paced environment.
- Ability to handle a variety of tools.
- Painting skills.
- Troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Associates Degree in Television Production or higher or equivalent work experience preferred.
- Computer skills.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
- Must be willing to work in Miami, FL
- Employment/education will be verified
- Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States
- Ability to push, pull and lift 50 pounds.
- Ability to climb ladders.
Please apply on our Univision Careers Webpage:
UNIVISION IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER