WFTS, the ABC affiliate in Tampa, Florida is looking for a Senior Digital Content Producer to organize, write and update content on digital platforms with a primary focus on website, mobile apps and social platforms. This role functions as a multimedia producer and has responsibility to assist in the execution of a strategic content plan.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
• Write, edit, publish and manage content on multiple digital platforms, including the station’s local website, mobile and social networks.
• Deliver compelling content using current production and web-delivery tools. Optimize the user experience by being attentive to live web metrics and user experience best practices.
• Work in conjunction with news management to create content that is aligned with and enhances the station’s brand; enhance content with outside links, maps, slideshows, photos and video
• Apply SEO best practices to every piece of content.
• Plan digital coverage of major news events, breaking news and severe weather
• Coordinate and assign digital assignments to reporters, MMJs and photographers.
• Update and interact with fans/followers on social media.
• Build special sections and site features to enhance coverage and increase user engagement.
• Assign schedules to digital producing staff
• Work with other departments, including sales and marketing, as needed on site and/or station initiatives that require content integration.
• Perform other duties as needed and directed
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
• BS/BA in related discipline or commensurate experience.
• Generally 5+ years of experience in related field.
• Experience with Content Management Systems, HTML, Audio Editing, Image Editing, CSS and Social Networking required.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING:
• Must demonstrate good journalism and writing, editing and headline skills
• Must understand basic journalism legal principles
• Must be able to multitask, meet deadlines and work under pressure
• Must have a strong desire to focus on digital content.
• Must have basic HTML formatting skills and knowledge of how to FTP/publish web content.
• Must be creative and have good people skills
• Knowledge and experience with still-image photography using digital cameras/hand held video cameras preferred
• Must have working knowledge of how to use and update social media platforms.
• Must have photo editing skills with ability to manipulate, crop, enhance images as needed for publishing on website.
• Must have basic video editing skills.
• Must have a relatively high degree of mental acuity and social skills are necessary to successfully interact with coworkers, newsroom supervisors and the general public, often under time-sensitive conditions.
The E.W. Scripps Company (NASDAQ: SSP) serves audiences and businesses through a growing portfolio of local and national media brands. With 52 television stations in 36 markets, Scripps is one of the nation’s largest independent TV station owners. Scripps runs a collection of national journalism and content businesses, including Newsy, the next-generation national news network; podcast industry leader Stitcher; the fast-growing national broadcast networks Bounce, Grit, Escape, Laff and Court TV; and Triton, the global leader in digital audio technology and measurement services. Scripps runs an award-winning investigative reporting newsroom in Washington, D.C., and is the longtime steward of the Scripps National Spelling Bee. Founded in 1878, Scripps has held for decades to the motto, “Give light and the people will find their own way.”
As an equal employment opportunity employer, The E.W. Scripps Company and its affiliates do not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis on race, sex, sexual orientation, gender, color, religion, age, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, citizenship or national origin, and military membership or veteran status, or on any other basis which would be in violation of any applicable federal, state or local law. Furthermore, the company will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship for the company.
To create a profile & apply, please visit: