JOB TITLE: Show Co-Host Comedian (PT)
JOB OPENING DATE: November 14, 2018
JOB NUMBER: #19-05
WLTV Univision 23 Miami is looking for an Entertainment Show Co-Host Comedian. Participation includes live comedy intervention as well as conducting live, on-air interviews, facilitating product demonstrations and daily segments. Includes writing comedy, producing and editing of compelling entertainment and lifestyle content for on-air, social and digital platforms. Prep daily show, attend post show meetings, client meetings and field shoots. Must be a team player, able to deal with the demands of a daily live show, high energy collaborator with creative ideas and drive.
- Must have a strong on-air presence and comedic delivery skills.
- Strong content judgement, writing and production skills.
- Excellent presentation and reporting skills.
- Knowledge of journalistic standards as related to on-air, digital and social media presentation.
- Strong social media skills required.
- Possess updated knowledge of current affairs, with proven ability to read and comment with satire about local and entertainment news while keeping proper etiquette for a broadcast TV environment.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and adapt well to changes.
- Working knowledge of I-News
- Able to work flexible schedules, including nights, early mornings, holidays and weekends.
Minimum Qualifications for Consideration
- Ample knowledge of television production, equipment and computer systems required.
- Ample knowledge of current events, with emphasis in local and regional movers and shakers.
- Knowledge and understanding of local community a must.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Effective comedy writing ability for all platforms.
- Must be highly motivated, and results-oriented, with strong organization and motivational skills.
- Ability to identify problems and develop solutions.
- Must love comedy storytelling and engaging with a digital audience in a fun, uplifting manner.
- Must be social media/digital savvy.
- Ability to work efficiently with limited supervision is a must.
- Ability to meet and interact with clients and host paid integrations.
- College degree preferred; Broadcast or communication emphasis preferred.
- Experience Requirements
- 5 years experience in live “Stand Up” comedy in Spanish required.
- Television broadcasting experience in comedy and hosting talk shows, interviews/panel shows, and/or news magazines required.Language Requirements
- Excellent and grammatically accurate Spanish language skills – both written and oral – required. Bilingual – fluency in English and Spanish is required.
SEND RESUME TO:
UNIVISION (WLTV-23, WAMI-69, WAMR-107.5FM, WRTO-98.3FM, WQBA-1140AM,
WAQI-710 AM) IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER