ABC Action News stands with the hardworking people of Tampa Bay, helping them be more self-reliant. WFTS helps its viewers understand the causes, obstacles and solutions to their biggest problems. ABC Action News features include I-Team special reports, Taking Action Against Domestic Violence, Dirty Dining and Florida’s most accurate weather forecasts.
- Organize and direct local sales department
- Negotiate ratings, rates and budgets
- Develop new business for station utlizing and maximizing all station platforms including but not limited to broadcast, digital and mobile
- Lead local team in selling transactional accounts on all three platforms
- Maintain positive working relationships with outside vendors
- Assist the Director of Sales in training, development and motivation of local sales team
- Understand and interface with traffic systems & personnel to efficiently manage air time inventory
- Oversee accounts receivable and credit policies
- Develop and implement pricing and packaging to fill needs of both client and station
- Know the strengths and weaknesses of the competing stations, other advertising mediums and position the station accordingly
- Conduct regular sales training for local sales team
- Effectively forecast sales revenue and manage department expenses within budget
- Other duties as assigned
Education, Experience & Skills
- Advanced computer skills including Microsoft Office
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast paced environment
- Advanced oral and written communication skills
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record required. In addition, proof of insurance and liability coverage may be required.
The E.W. Scripps Company (NYSE: SSP) serves audiences and businesses through a growing portfolio of television, radio and digital media brands. With 33 television stations, Scripps is one of the nation’s largest independent TV station owners. Scripps runs an expanding collection of local and national journalism and content businesses, including Newsy, the next-generation national news network; podcast industry leader Midroll Media; and fast-growing national broadcast networks Bounce, Grit, Escape and Laff. Scripps produces original programming including “Pickler & Ben,” runs an award-winning investigative reporting newsroom in Washington, D.C., and is the longtime steward of the Scripps National Spelling Bee. Founded in 1878, Scripps has held for decades to the motto, “Give light and the people will find their own way.”
As an equal employment opportunity employer, The E.W. Scripps Company and its affiliates do not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis on race, sex, sexual orientation, gender, color, religion, age, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, citizenship or national origin, and military membership or veteran status, or on any other basis which would be in violation of any applicable federal, state or local law. Furthermore, the company will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship for the company.
To create a profile & apply, please visit: https://recruiting.adp.com/srccar/public/RTI.home?c=1060841&d=External