ABC Action News stands with the hardworking people of Tampa Bay, helping them be more self-reliant. WFTS helps its viewers understand the causes, obstacles and solutions to their biggest problems. ABC Action News features include I-Team special reports, Taking Action Against Domestic Violence, Dirty Dining and Florida’s most accurate weather forecasts.
Prepare and deliver accurate news reports for the weekend newscasts and well as report and research compelling news stories throughout the week.
• Gather, write and present news reports, as assigned.
• Report live on location from various news events.
• Research and develop news stories.
• Perform various community service activities for station, including performing as master of ceremonies for public service events and as host/hostess for station events.
• Periodically required to drive personal or company vehicle to cover various assignments.
• Perform other duties as needed and as directed by News Management.
Education & Experience
• Four-year college degree preferred.
• At least 6 years on camera experience.
Skills & Abilities
• Must connect on camera with a sense of urgency.
• Ability to cultivate sources and mine stories.
• Knowledge of newsroom computers (Newstar) and computer databases strongly preferred.
• Must demonstrate strong news judgment and organizational skills.
• Must have keen sense of logistics and ability to work well under intense pressure and deadlines.
• Must have good creative and editorial judgment. Mastery of journalistic ethics and libel law.
• Must be able to speak clearly and concisely.
• Valid driver’s license and good driving record required. In addition, proof of insurance and liability coverage may be required.
The E.W. Scripps Company (NYSE: SSP) serves audiences and businesses through a growing portfolio of television, radio and digital media brands. With 33 television stations, Scripps is one of the nation’s largest independent TV station owners. Scripps runs an expanding collection of local and national journalism and content businesses, including Newsy, the next-generation national news network; podcast industry leader Midroll Media; and fast-growing national broadcast networks Bounce, Grit, Escape and Laff. Scripps produces original programming including “Pickler & Ben,” runs an award-winning investigative reporting newsroom in Washington, D.C., and is the longtime steward of the Scripps National Spelling Bee. Founded in 1878, Scripps has held for decades to the motto, “Give light and the people will find their own way.”
As an equal employment opportunity employer, The E.W. Scripps Company and its affiliates do not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis on race, sex, sexual orientation, gender, color, religion, age, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, citizenship or national origin, and military membership or veteran status, or on any other basis which would be in violation of any applicable federal, state or local law. Furthermore, the company will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship for the company.
To create a profile & apply, please visit: