Job Title: Reporter
Job Opening Date: January 4, 2019
Job Number: #19-14
Univision WLTV Miami is looking for a dynamic, highly motivated, experienced Reporter with strong work ethics to report and write in Spanish Newscast for our multiplatform news products. The ideal candidate should have an outgoing personality, enjoy working with the community and have a thorough knowledge of current local, regional, national and international affairs, with emphasis in Latin American issues.
- Generate, research, verify, report and write in Spanish on compelling daily news, features, series and in-depth stories for our multiplatform news products.
- Responsible for news gathering in the field working closely with photographers, producers and assignment editors, producing stories and conducting investigations.
- Cover breaking news with urgency and accuracy.
- Report live from the field and in the studio as required.
- Suggest and develop story ideas for our newscasts; must participate in editorial meetings
- Make phone calls, seek out eyewitnesses, track court dockets for key cases, and demand public records, including videos when needed.
- Post error-free stories to our digital platforms, including pushing content to social media.
- Scan and leverage social media with our viewers, law enforcement, nonprofit organizations and other local agencies.
- Public appearances at station promotions, community and school events on behalf of the station when necessary.
- Other duties and projects as determined by the News Director
- Must communicate clearly, concisely and in a compelling manner.
- Should have strong story-telling skills, on-camera presence and ability to handle simultaneous tasks, while working well in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be a self-starter, organized, experienced in improvising and thinking on their feet, in finding leads and nurturing sources.
- Must have the ability to produce stories daily and meet deadlines, with a full grasp of social media and online reporting.
- Must possess a good driving record and solid knowledge of journalistic ethics and libel laws.
- Must be able to work flexible hours, nights, weekends and holidays with flexibility to alter shifts/days off to accommodate projects and departmental objectives.
- Must be able to carry a question and answer session with guests during live newscasts.
- Able to travel when needed, including in short notice/breaking news situations
- Must be able to upload video, digital pictures, and copy to the station’s website
- Must be able to perform well in a fast-paced environment, manage breaking news situations, meet strict deadlines, and respond quickly to changes
- Strong organization and communication skills, creative and assertive.
- BS/BA OR MA in Communications, Journalism, or related field required
- Minimum 3 years of experience in TV reporting required
- Experience as a Reporter in Spanish language broadcasting required
- Demonstrable experience building online audience required. Large numbers of followers in main Social Media Platforms preferred.
- English Proficiency required
- Excellent Spanish language communication skills required, both written and oral.
Please apply on our Univision Careers Webpage:
UNIVISION (WLTV-23, WAMI-69, WAMR-107.5FM, WRTO-98.3FM, WQBA-1140AM,
WAQI-710 AM) IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER