ABC Action News stands with the hardworking people of Tampa Bay, helping them be more self-reliant. WFTS helps its viewers understand the causes, obstacles and solutions to their biggest problems. ABC Action News features include I-Team special reports, Taking Action Against Domestic Violence, Dirty Dining and Florida’s most accurate weather forecasts.
We currently have an exciting opportunity at our WFTS-TV station in sunny Tampa, FL for a Content Coordinator.
Say goodbye to snowstorm live shots and say hello to sunny Tampa Bay! WFTS-TV, the E.W. Scripps owned ABC affiliate in market 11 is looking for an experienced Morning Reporter to join our AM team.
Top candidates will have significant experience with LIVE/NOW storytelling. Your demo reel must show a proven track record of generating engaging standups/live shots, with urgency and impact language and character-driven stories.
The ideal candidate will be at home in the digital world — using social media to engage and inform. Must be able to work efficiently under tight deadlines. At least three years of experience is required. The Morning Reporter is responsible for researching, writing, capturing visual content and editing stories for multiple platforms.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS –
- Receives assignment or evaluates news leads and news tips to develop story ideas.
- Gathers and verifies facts regarding stories through interview, observation, and research.
- Organizes material, determines slant or emphasis, and writes story according to prescribed editorial style and format standards.
- Shoots video and still photos to illustrate stories.
- Edits, or assists in editing, videos for all multimedia platforms.
- Appears on television program when conducting taped interview or narration
- Gives live reports
- Work cooperatively with photographer assigned to story, if one is assigned.
- Assist news producer in preparing newscast.
- Assist online staff in preparing for multimedia stories.
- Report, write, capture quality visual content, edit and produce stories for multiple platforms on deadline, such as Internet and digital channels.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in broadcast journalism or related degree or equivalent years of experience
- Minimum of three years of experience
Skills & Abilities
- Computer literacy required, including newsroom computer systems.
- Videography and non-linear editing experience preferred.
- Knowledge of broadcast quality camera equipment.
- Edit video on Final Cut Pro editing systems, or similar equipment.
- Strong broadcast and AP style writing skills.
- Proficient at posting content to various websites.
- Self-motivated and able to work in a fast-paced deadline-driven environment.
- Valid Driver’s License, good driving record and provide certificate of insurability with company required insurance limits
- Must be able to lift 40 pounds.
The E.W. Scripps Company (NYSE: SSP) serves audiences and businesses through a growing portfolio of television, radio and digital media brands. Scripps is one of the nation’s largest independent TV station owners, with 33 television stations in 24 markets and a reach of nearly one in five U.S. households. It also owns 34 radio stations in eight markets. Scripps also runs an expanding collection of local and national digital journalism and information businesses, including podcast industry leader Midroll Media and over-the-top video news service Newsy. Scripps also produces television shows including “THE LIST” and “The Now,” runs an award-winning investigative reporting newsroom in Washington, D.C., and serves as the long-time steward of the nation’s largest, most successful and longest-running educational program, the Scripps National Spelling Bee. Founded in 1878, Scripps has held for decades to the motto, “Give light and the people will find their own way.”
As an equal employment opportunity employer, The E.W. Scripps Company and its affiliates do not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis on race, sex, sexual orientation, gender, color, religion, age, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, citizenship or national origin, and military membership or veteran status, or on any other basis which would be in violation of any applicable federal, state or local law. Furthermore, the company will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship for the company.
To create a profile & apply, please visit: https://recruiting.adp.com/srccar/public/RTI.home?c=1060841&d=External