Entercom Orlando’s Alternative Rock Format, FM 101.9 (WQMP-FM), is in search of a creative individual to lead it’s radio brand in marketing and promotions. If you are passionate about the music format and live the culture, we want to hear from you.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
• Writes all traffic/production orders for promotional inventory.
• Schedules all talent appearances and live remotes.
• Ensures that all on-air promotions have proper paperwork and Entercom legal approval, inclusive of adequate contest rules, contractual agreements and sponsorship agreements.
• Maintains the station event calendar.
• Prepares purchase orders and P&L statements for events – obtain management and legal signatures for each PO and P&L.
• Plan and execute assigned events, promotional activities and special projects; coordinate all aspects of events including vehicles and equipment; prizes/giveaways; signage; website development; print advertising and the physical appearance; attend the events to manage on-site execution.
• Prepare recaps of all events including timeline, promos, on-air activity, communication to staff and listeners, event specifics, location, logistics, results and station ‘credit’ from listeners and advertisers.
• Look for additional opportunities where station(s) may grow in the area of visibility, revenue and community service.
• Confer with department heads to discuss programming and sales promotion.
• Responsible for management of merchandising inventory.
• Supervise and manage promotions coordinator and/or part time promotional staff.
• Other marketing/promotional dept duties as assigned by Marketing Director.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk, hear or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Valid state driver’s license and ability to operate a motor vehicle required.
Minimum of 3-5 years in similar role in the media industry inclusive of managing special events. Proficiency in MS Office and Outlook required as well as strong organizational skills. Must be able to multi-task, possess excellent attention to detail, and meet deadlines. Exceptional communication skills, both oral and written, required. Some college required; Bachelor’s degree in marketing, advertising or a related field preferred. Photography and graphic design skills a plus. Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation required.