WQMP-FM has an immediate opening for a FM 101.9 Program Director (WQMP).
Req ID#: 30572
Job Title: FM 101.9 Program Director (WQMP)
Job Description/Requisition Details:
Entercom Orlando seeks an On-Air Program Director for its Alternative format FM 101.9 / WQMP-FM. The On-Air Program Director will be the solo talent for mornings and responsible for leading and managing all aspects of the station’s brand experience, including on-air content, events, promotions, contesting, and digital presence. In addition to prior on-air experience, applicants should have proven leadership and management skills and experience, strategic thinking skills with the ability to communicate a clear vision, and motivate and inspire those around them. Experience with talent coaching, event management, copy writing, a deep knowledge and understanding of branding/imaging and effective digital engagement are required and creativity is mandatory! Applicants should have at least 5 years of programming experience, understand PPM audience measurement, FCC rules and regulations, have the ability to work hand-in-hand with sales to develop new and existing business and programming opportunities, meet deadlines, and have fun.
Program Director Responsibilities:
• Plan and oversee the on-air experience of the station, including programming, music, production, and personalities.
• Attract and grow audience share, ratings, and revenue.
• Work with sales team to develop new revenue generating opportunities for new and existing partners.
• Coordinate with programming and sales staff to plan and execute marketing, promotions, events, and image campaigns.
• Identify, recruit, manage, and coach on air talent and producers.
• Direct and monitor station’s programming and activities in conformance with FCC rules and regulations, company policy and applicable federal, state, and local laws.
On-Air Talent Responsibilities:
• Responsible for conducting on-air broadcast.
• Provide creative and engaging on-air personality.
• Participation in on-air production elements.
• Live appearances and live broadcasts as required.
• 3+ years prior on-air experience; morning/afternoon drives preferred.
• 5-7 years’ experience in programming – Alternative format preferred.
• Experience using Nielsen PPM analysis tools to gather & analyze ratings data and then make informed business decisions based on them.
• Working knowledge of music scheduling software (Selector) and storage (AudioVault).
• Ability to multi-task and capable of working with specific deadlines, highly organized, and comfortable delegating responsibility.
• Flexible, creative, and innovative in using technology to deepen listener and client relationships.
• Ability to manage and motivate staff, in addition to working well as a member of a team.
• Knowledge of federal, state and local contesting rules and regulations.