ABC Action News stands with the hardworking people of Tampa Bay, helping them be more self-reliant. WFTS helps its viewers understand the causes, obstacles and solutions to their biggest problems. ABC Action News features include I-Team special reports, Taking Action Against Domestic Violence, Dirty Dining and Florida’s most accurate weather forecasts.
We currently have an exciting opportunity at our WFTS-TV station in sunny Tampa, FL for a Photojournalist.
The photojournalist will capture and edit visual content for multiple platforms.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS –
- Capture and edit visual content for multiple platforms
- Work closely with newsroom personnel to create and develop news stories
- Responsible for operating various news gathering equipment, including but not limited to microwave live truck, video camera, and video editing equipment
- Perform other duties as assigned
Education & Experience
- 2 or more years experience as a photographer for a news station
Skills & Abilities
- Proficiency with lighting and computer based editing.
- Proficiency with live microwave truck operation.
- Knowledge and demonstration of creativity, editorial judgment, journalistic ethics and libel laws
- Knowledge of and proficiency in posting content to station’s Web sites
- Drive company vehicle for business purposes
- Valid driver’s license with no more than four (4) points in the past 36 months, in accordance with station policy, and proof of insurability (must carry liability limits of $100,000 per person/$300,000 per accident/$50,000 property).
- Must be able to lift up to 75 lbs
The E.W. Scripps Company (NYSE: SSP) serves audiences and businesses through a growing portfolio of television, radio and digital media brands. Scripps is one of the nation’s largest independent TV station owners, with 33 television stations in 24 markets and a reach of nearly one in five U.S. households. It also owns 34 radio stations in eight markets. Scripps also runs an expanding collection of local and national digital journalism and information businesses, including podcast industry leader Midroll Media and over-the-top video news service Newsy. Scripps also produces television shows including “THE LIST” and “The Now,” runs an award-winning investigative reporting newsroom in Washington, D.C., and serves as the long-time steward of the nation’s largest, most successful and longest-running educational program, the Scripps National Spelling Bee. Founded in 1878, Scripps has held for decades to the motto, “Give light and the people will find their own way.”
As an equal employment opportunity employer, The E.W. Scripps Company and its affiliates do not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis on race, sex, sexual orientation, gender, color, religion, age, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, citizenship or national origin, and military membership or veteran status, or on any other basis which would be in violation of any applicable federal, state or local law. Furthermore, the company will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship for the company.
To create a profile & apply, please visit: https://recruiting.adp.com/srccar/public/RTI.home?c=1060841&d=External