Waterman Broadcasting of Florida LLC, licensee of WBBH-TV (NBC-2) and operator of WZVN-TV (ABC-7) is a privately owned media company located in Fort Myers Florida, home of some of the most beautiful beaches in Florida. Waterman Broadcasting strives to be the best and most respected resource in Southwest Florida that people turn to for public service, news, information, marketing and entertainment.
The photojournalist is responsible for creating quality multimedia storytelling using photography and videography that accurately informs, entertains and engages our audience for daily newscasts. NPPA style of shooting and editing preferred.
Essential Job Functions
- Shoot assigned news and sports stories in a creative, clear and accurate manner.
- Set up lighting and audio as situation dictates.
- Edit daily stories under deadline pressure using non-linear editing systems.
- Effectively work with reporters and producers to turn visually creative memorable stories and interesting live shots.
- Responsible for operating and maintaining various news gathering equipment, including but not limited to microwave and satellite trucks, station vehicles, video camera, and video editing equipment.
- Bring story ideas, creative energy and a positive attitude to the table every day.
- Complete work within newscast deadlines.
- Maintain assigned equipment in good working order and report equipment problems to supervisor.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work effectively within a team environment and interact with all personnel within the organization
- Ability to troubleshoot and multi-task under pressure.
- Strong editing skills in non-linear edit systems, such as Edius Pro.
- Maintain strong journalistic ethics.
- Ability to interact with the general public in a courteous, knowledgeable and professional manner.
- Must be able and willing to work different shifts and be flexible with schedule changes
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years experience as a photojournalist in a news room environment.
- Experience operating and troubleshooting microwave and satellite trucks, preferred.
- Valid driver’s license with a good driving record.
Working Hours and Conditions:
- Indoor and outdoor environments, including inclement weather, lack of facilities, sometimes dangerous situations.
- Must be able to work under time pressure deadlines.
- Must be willing and able to work different shifts or longer shifts due to “breaking news”. Also, must be willing and able to work weekends and holidays.
- Must have the ability to be punctual.
- Materials and equipment used: digital video camera, editing software, social media platforms, and other newsgathering related equipment.
- Receive, process, and maintain information through oral and/or written communication effectively.
- Substantial physical movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- Ability to extend hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction with good eye and hand coordination
- Lift, move, and carry 25-50 pounds on a regular basis.
- Be able to stand for long periods of time.
*Waterman Broadcasting offers a comprehensive benefits package. Employees enjoy a variety of benefits including health, dental, vision, life, disability, FSA, HSA, 401(k) with company matching, vacation and holiday pay.
Waterman Broadcasting is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Interested candidates please send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org