The Operations Manager (Ops-Mgr.) oversees the day-to-day operations of Community Communications dba WMFE (WMFE 90.7 HD1 News & Information, WMFE HD2 Classical, WMFV 89.5 News & Classical). Oversees, coordinates, and administers a range of operational and administrative activities in direct support of the delivery of 24-hour radio programming by the stations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversees and coordinates the continuous, multifaceted daily operations of the radio stations, including Content Depot and the ENCO/DAD automation system.
- Builds and modifies broadcast templates for Marketron Traffic software system for regular programming, fund drives, special coverage etc.
- Oversees production of fundraising materials and assists with station production and some news programming.
- The Ops-Mgr. will assist the Chief Engineer/IT Manager with overseeing technical operations of all live and recorded remote broadcasts from outside the station including Intersection Live, Speaker Series, Town Hall meetings, etc.
- The Ops-Mgr. is responsible for overseeing the technical operations all station based television and radio studio rentals including ISDN, tape syncs, and in-house audience engagement activities including Speaker Series, Town Hall meetings, open houses, etc.
- The Ops-Mgr. is responsible for supporting the production, engineering, and file management needs of the station’s news staff, co-productions, and podcast unit.
- The Ops-Mgr. acts as primary backup and support to the Chief Engineer/IT Manager for transmitter sites and studios, assist with monthly maintenance on facilities and station vehicles.
- Maintains accurate schedules, records, discrepancy reports, and follow-through communications, and ensures that all on-air broadcast programming complies with FCC rules and regulations.
- Directs and administers day-to-day operation support to the various units of the station, including the non-engineering portions of the station’s physical plant.
- Assist with research and recommendations to management and engineering pertaining to acquisition of operating equipment.
- May provide services as an on-air host, voice-tracker, or board operator as required.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- College degree preferred; at least 7 years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified is preferred. Prefer operations experience in public broadcasting.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Records maintenance skills.
- Skill in the use of personal computers and related software applications.
- Experience with high power RF, general electronics, audio, and computer systems/networks a plus.
- Knowledge and understanding of radio communications facilities and distribution systems.
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
- Knowledge of audio, data, and electrical wiring preferred.
- Knowledge of public radio organizational structures, workflows, systems, and operating procedures.
- Knowledge of FCC and other federal, state and local broadcasting regulations.
- Ability to create, compose, and edit written materials.
- Knowledge of on-air and remote broadcasting processes and procedures.
- Ability to oversee, coordinate, and support the execution of continuous broadcast schedules on a 24×7 basis.
- Knowledge of current and developing trends in radio.
- Skill in setup and operation of radio equipment.
- Occasional night and weekend work is expected
- Must be able to climb ladders, work in small spaces and have the ability to lift 50 pounds
For consideration, you must possess a valid Florida driver’s license, personal auto insurance and a driving record that is acceptable to WMFE’s auto insurance provider.
Deadline to apply is: June 8, 2018. EOE & DFW.