Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
WEAR-TV/WFGX-TV has an immediate opening for a creative News Producer. In this role, the right candidate will be responsible for the day-to-day production of a newscast. This position will also work closely with the Executive Producer, Director, and Assignment Desk on the newscast and its content. You will determine the content and flow of newscasts, work with management and on-air staff to generate and write stories, and also develop content for our web site.
· Possess solid news judgment
· Be a compelling and accurate writer
· Be able to multitask and manage time in order to put together an exciting and informative newscast
· Must be able to work in a fast-paced and deadline driven environment
· Must be able to integrate social media into the newscast
· Strong leadership and communication skills
· The ability to execute news strategies and goals in daily newscasts
· Flexibility and on-the-spot problems solving abilities are a must
· Proficient with non-linear editing (i.e. Avid) and newsroom systems, such as iNews
· Must have at least 1 year of previous news producing experience at a commercial TV station
· A journalism degree is preferred
When applying online, please include a recent web link of your work. Please, no phone calls.
Sinclair Broadcast Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace.
Please apply online by going to: http://sbgi.net/sbgi-careers/