If you have great passion for news and innovation, this is the opportunity you have been looking for! The E. W. Scripps Company is creating a local news program unlike anything you’ve seen before. This is not your parent’s newscast. This innovative news program, targeted at our 4pm audience, is a high-energy, up to the minute, interactive news experience. Through the power of social media and new technology, the audience weighs in and is involved in the show, real-time. National and local content is dictated by hot trending social media, creating a platform that fully engages the audience on multiple screens. Are you the one we’ve been looking for? If you have the energy and out-of-the-box thinking to help create a brand new format for delivering news, read on. We are building a top-notch, creative, inventive team to run our national news desk, as well as building out new local teams to deliver the program.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS –
- Capture and edit visual content for multiple platforms
- Work closely with newsroom and program personnel to create and develop news stories
- Operate various new gathering equipment, including but not limited to microwave live truck, video camera and video editing equipment
- Applies camera related skills such as framing, movement to execute the content strategy for overall creative vision
- Sets up and operates Steadicam for assigned programs and shots
- Responsible for set up of equipment, camera operation and breakdown of equipment
Education & Experience
- Bachelor degree preferred
Skills & Abilities
- Proficiency with lighting and computer based editing.
- Proficiency with live microwave truck operation.
- Knowledge and demonstration of creativity, editorial judgment, journalistic ethics and libel laws.
- Knowledge of and proficiency in posting content to Web sites.
- Working knowledge camera systems and lenses.
- Familiar with available Steadicam accessories such as remote focus systems, video senders and receivers, and any specialized equipment designed and used by Steadicam operators.
Steadicam operation is physically demanding. The Steadicam apparatus distributes and compensates for the weight of the camera, however, the apparatus itself can weigh approximately 30-50lbs. The weight is distributed across the front of the operator’s body during operation. Candidates for this work should have no back problems, no trouble with dizziness or physical orientation and must have the ability to easily lift 40-50lbs. This position requires a high degree of physical mobility and dexterity. In addition, this position requires the operator to stay on their feet for long periods of time.
Able to drive company vehicle for business purposes. Requires a valid driver’s license with no more than four (4) points in the past 36 months, in accordance with company policy, and proof of insurability (must carry liability limits of $100,000 per person/$300,000 per accident/$50,000 property).
The E.W. Scripps Company (NYSE: SSP) serves audiences and businesses through a growing portfolio of television, radio and digital media brands. Scripps is one of the nation’s largest independent TV station owners, with 33 television stations in 24 markets and a reach of nearly one in five U.S. households. It also owns 34 radio stations in eight markets. Scripps also runs an expanding collection of local and national digital journalism and information businesses, including podcast industry leader Midroll Media and over-the-top video news service Newsy. Scripps also produces television shows including “THE LIST” and “The Now,” runs an award-winning investigative reporting newsroom in Washington, D.C., and serves as the long-time steward of the nation’s largest, most successful and longest-running educational program, the Scripps National Spelling Bee. Founded in 1878, Scripps has held for decades to the motto, “Give light and the people will find their own way.”
As an equal employment opportunity employer, The E.W. Scripps Company and its affiliates do not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis on race, sex, sexual orientation, gender, color, religion, age, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, citizenship or national origin, and military membership or veteran status, or on any other basis which would be in violation of any applicable federal, state or local law. Furthermore, the company will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship for the company.
To create a profile & apply, please visit: https://recruiting.adp.com/srccar/public/RTI.home?c=1060841&d=External