Job Title: News Photographer (Part Time)
Job Opening Date: October 3, 2017
Univision WLTV 23 is seeking two P/T News Photographers to photograph news events, both live and on tape, for news programs. Edits material to match script prepared by reporter, producer or associate producer using on-location facilities or any other location required. Works with reporter to get complete stories and makes suggestions on how a story should be produced. Operates live truck or other equipment used in live transmissions. Keeps assigned equipment and/or vehicle in good working condition and files all required paperwork, as deadlines require. Be able to lift heavy equipment up to 50 pounds, bend and set-up equipment for remotes to allow transmission of pictures or live from-the-scene reports back to the station. Monitors scanners in vehicles from news stories.
- Minimum of two years experience as a TV Photographer and Editor.
- Must have non-linear editing experience.
- Detail oriented, able to follow directions, and ability to perform duties and make independent decisions under extreme pressure.
- Be able to work various shifts and times as well as during inclement weather such as Hurricanes.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and the internet, research skills are essential.
- Bilingual skills preferred (Spanish/English)
- Valid Florida Driver’s license with clean driving record, as driving a news vehicle daily to and from stories is an essential part of the daily routine.
- Ability to drive and handle all necessary equipment on a news live truck.
- Ability to work both as a team and independently.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment and meet tight deadlines.
- Experience in television news preferably in a top 10 news market.
- Story telling skills.
- Problem solving skills.
- Ability to creatively shoot both short and long form packages as assigned.
- Strong knowledge of advanced location lighting techniques.
- Tech savvy and up to date on the most modern aspects of our medium.
About Univision Communications Inc.
Univision Communications Inc. (UCI) has evolved into a top-tier multimedia company with 17 broadcast, cable and digital networks; 59 TV stations; 67 radio stations; online and mobile apps; products and content creation facilities. UCI focuses on delivering a branded experience everywhere its audience is, reaching 49 million unduplicated media consumers monthly across TV, Radio and Digital. As a mission-driven Company, UCI is committed to informing, entertaining and empowering Hispanic America.
UNIVISION (WLTV-23, WAMI-69, WAMR-107.5FM, WRTO-98.3FM, WQBA-1140AM,
WAQI-710 AM) IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER