News Editor @ Entravision Communications
Location/Market: Orlando, FL
- Responsible for participating on daily editorial meetings, operating the video switcher and associated devices, serving as chief of the television crew during the newscasts.
- Supervise pre-production topical and news briefs, and edit and cut all videos for the show.
- LEADERSHIP. Participates in daily editorial meetings. Serves as the chief of the television crew during the newscasts. In charge of pre-production of topical, news briefs and other elements related to the promotion of the newscast.
- PRODUCT. Operates the video switcher and associated devices live newscasts. Edits and cuts all videos for the show, including headlines and teases.
- ORGANIZATION. Archives and files new footage obtained on daily basis. Records network feeds and daily air checks.
III. POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
This is a Full Time position. Actual hours and schedule may vary.
- SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY
Reports directly to News Director
- REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
|Technology. Able to operate all production equipment. Knowledge of production techniques, including camera and editing required. Proficiency in Microsoft Office and PC consoles.
Discipline. Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and work well under pressure, with many immediate deadlines and priorities. Must be punctual and dependable.
Communication. Ability to work well in a team environment.
Languages: English and Spanish proficiency preferred.
|1+ years of experience as technical director.
College degree preferred.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Entravision Communications Corporation participates in the E-Verify system operated by the US Department of Homeland Security and the Social Security Administration and will use E-Verify to confirm work eligibility for all new hire employees.
Entravision Communications is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We encourage women and minorities to apply.