Job Description & Requirements:
Provides sales support to the National Sales Manager as well as National Sales Reps to maximize revenue and achieve department goals.
- Assist in maximizing revenues by processing and maintaining national orders, makegoods, resolving discrepancies and communicating with account executives, agencies and clients
- Identify suitable makegood areas based on inventory, rates and ratings
- Answer incoming calls for sales managers in a professional and positive manner
- Proactive in seeking out additional duties from sales manager and/or other members of sales team
- Assist in preparation of sales presentations
- Pull daily revenue reports
- Maintain national account files
- Process contracts, credit information, payments, political forms and maintain accurate records
- Work with Credit Department on correct billing and claims reconciliation
- Treat all co-workers with proper manners and respect. Establish as an asset to the entire team
- All other duties as assigned by Sales Management
- Works on a day-to-day basis with station sales management, sales staff, traffic, programming, promotions and business departments to ensure station business is booked and airing properly
- Preferred working knowledge of television business, ratings, traffic, general practices and vocabulary
- Preferred minimum of 3 years experience in TV sales industry.
- Preferred ability to understand demographic ratings, inventory, rate structure and makegood process.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Additional Computer skills a plus: Wide Orbit or other traffic system, Media Line or other processing system, Power Pointe
- Possess outstanding organizational and communication skills and have the ability to work well under pressure, be self-motivated and meet deadlines
- Able to handle busy phones, have a positive attitude and can multi-task
- Proficient in numbers, basic math, percentages
Additional Information: For candidates interested in a current opening at WSFL-TV, apply online at http://www.tribunemedia.com/?page_id=15562. Filter the Job Search by location, US-Fort Lauderdale, to locate all current WSFL openings.