Job Title: Multimedia Journalist
Job Opening Date: December 12, 2018
Job Number: #19-10
Univision Local Media WLTV in Miami is seeking a full time Multi Media Journalist. The right candidate will work as a one-person operation and be responsible for reporting, shooting and editing news stories and producing content for use in multiple outlets. Candidate will write and post across various platforms including updating web site and mobile products. The right candidate must be able to shoot and edit, be active in social media, do walk-and-talk live shots and be able to grab viewers with sights and sounds. Must work effectively under pressure and in a fast-paced environment, meeting tight deadlines and maintaining a positive attitude. Must be able to work flexible hours, nights, weekends, and holidays as needed.
- Gather information, conduct interviews, shoot video, produce, report and edit assigned stories daily; field reporting for news and sports related stories and events.
- Post video, pictures and stories to Website, Facebook, Twitter, Radio and other social media outlets.
- Maintain strong familiarity with local, national and international news and issues of the day.
- Establish and maintain news contacts in the community.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a manner that works well with co-workers, supervisors and the community at large.
- Participate in community related events organized by the station.
- Other duties as deemed necessary.
Required Skills & Experience
- BA degree in communication, journalism, television broadcasting or equivalent experience
- 2-5 years as multimedia/video journalist in mid to large markets TV newsrooms, performing in front and behind the camera preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Candidate must be completely fluent in English and Spanish, with superior written/spoken Spanish language skills
- Must possess a strong on-camera presence and have an outgoing personality.
- Must have story telling ability and Able to perform in a “live” setting required
- Requires high ethical and journalistic standards
- Must have functional to advanced knowledge in the use of field cameras, gear and editing systems
- Must be able to make sound decisions while working under extreme deadlines
- Must be able to handle on-air ad-lib situations in a calm and professional manner
- Must be able to identify technical and conceptual problems and develop solutions
Desired Skills & Experience
- Able to use newsroom computer systems and applications (both hardware/software)
- Knowledge of INews and Adobe Premier
- Ability to follow directions and incorporate constructive criticism into work results.
- Experience covering Sports is a plus
- Sports knowledge
- Must be able to drive and have a valid driver’s license with a good driving record
- Ability to sit, stand and walk for up to 8hrs without restrictions
- Ability to lift and carry up to 30 pounds for extended periods of time
- Must be willing to work from office in Miami, FL
- Employment/education will be verified
- Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States
Please apply on our Univision Careers Webpage:
UNIVISION (WLTV-23, WAMI-69, WAMR-107.5FM, WRTO-98.3FM, WQBA-1140AM,
WAQI-710 AM) IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER