ABC Action News stands with the hardworking people of Tampa Bay, helping them be more self-reliant. WFTS helps its viewers understand the causes, obstacles and solutions to their biggest problems. ABC Action News features include I-Team special reports, Taking Action Against Domestic Violence, Dirty Dining and Florida’s most accurate weather forecasts.
We currently have an exciting opportunity at our WFTS-TV station in sunny Tampa, FL for a Multimedia Graphic Designer.
The E.W. Scripps Company is looking for a highly-motivated Multimedia Graphic Designer that can hit the ground running at our Graphics Hub located in sunny Tampa, Florida. The ideal candidate must display excellent design skills along with written and oral communication skills. Demonstrated interpersonal and organization abilities, as the candidate will regularly communicate with clients to identify their needs and bring their visions into reality.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS –
- Creates highly engaging designs for various projects, including digital, print and television
- Reviews project requests and clarifies further questions/attends project meetings as required
- Excels in a high energy, fast paced team environment
- Organizes files and adheres to established file structure and internal workflow processes
- Maintains knowledge of industry standards/trends and applies to projects/communicates knowledge to the team
- Contributes to the team effort by assisting with various multi-channel campaigns and providing creative insight
- Records hours and client communications within project management system
Education & Experience
- Strong digital and print design skills with demonstrated experience in design strategy and execution
- Proficiency in Rich Media development and Action Scripting necessary for high-end, interactive, web animations
- Working knowledge of HTML and Java Script
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe’s Creative Cloud (Flash, Dreamweaver, Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign)
- A proactive self-starter who can maintain projects on their own and thrives in a fast paced environment
- Experience with Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint etc.)
- Proven ability to multi-task and operate successfully under tight deadlines and time pressure
- Detail oriented with demonstrated organizational, critical thinking and communication skills
- Experience with FTP programs and various file sharing platforms
- Excellent time management skills
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher
Skills & Abilities
- Broadcast industry experience
- Video design/editing experience
- Adobe Premiere, Cinema 4D and After Effects
- WordPress experience
- Social Media experience
- Working project management experience
The E.W. Scripps Company (NYSE: SSP) serves audiences and businesses through a growing portfolio of television, radio and digital media brands. Scripps is one of the nation’s largest independent TV station owners, with 33 television stations in 24 markets and a reach of nearly one in five U.S. households. It also owns 34 radio stations in eight markets. Scripps also runs an expanding collection of local and national digital journalism and information businesses, including podcast industry leader Midroll Media and over-the-top video news service Newsy. Scripps also produces television shows including “THE LIST” and “The Now,” runs an award-winning investigative reporting newsroom in Washington, D.C., and serves as the long-time steward of the nation’s largest, most successful and longest-running educational program, the Scripps National Spelling Bee. Founded in 1878, Scripps has held for decades to the motto, “Give light and the people will find their own way.”
As an equal employment opportunity employer, The E.W. Scripps Company and its affiliates do not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis on race, sex, sexual orientation, gender, color, religion, age, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, citizenship or national origin, and military membership or veteran status, or on any other basis which would be in violation of any applicable federal, state or local law. Furthermore, the company will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship for the company.
To create a profile & apply, please visit: https://recruiting.adp.com/srccar/public/RTI.home?c=1060841&d=External