First Coast News, a TEGNA Media company in Jacksonville, FL, is looking for great storytellers who will excel in this digital age of journalism. We want journalists who can create unique and shareable stories for all platforms through memorable writing, photography and editing.
In this role, you will:
· Develop story ideas, write, shoot and edit news stories for on-air broadcasting.
· Write in an exciting, captivating and authentic manner.
· Use the latest editing and photography tools to tell great stories.
· Develop original content through social listening and independent sources.
· Deliver on-air news events in an engaging, exciting, and accurate manner.
· Interview news subjects and research for facts and credibility.
· Develop news sources for general assignment and special areas of interest.
· Produce news stories that are unique and captivating.
· Operate news gathering vehicle to and from various locations.
· Write and post daily on all digital platforms including social media.
· Enterprise news stories.
· Shoot, write and edit packaged reports.
· Write for the web, including attaching images and streaming video.
· Use creative production techniques such as graphics and new forms of media (viewer pictures, webcam interviews, etc.) to enhance stories.
· Transmit and present exciting live reports with current technology.
· Perform other tasks as required by supervisor or executive producer.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.
Here’s what you need:
· BA/BS in journalism, communications or related field
· 1-2 years of experience preferred
· Bilingual, (English & Spanish) speaking preferred
· Experience in photojournalism, editing, and content management systems
· Understanding of the tenants of professional journalism
· A portfolio with examples of strong breaking news reporting
· Ability to generate creative, engaging, content-driven live shots
· Strong social media skills, including an active news hound presence on Twitter and Facebook
· Knowledge of ENPS, Edius and Axis graphics a plus
· Organizational skills and the ability to work under constant time pressure deadlines
· Ability to calmly handle live, breaking news situations and changing events
|Apply Online URL:|